PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
So I started late in my pipe smoking journey and i really like Ennerdale. From reading posts on here I learned that i missed out on the real saucy stuff. Has anyone smoked the recent release? Can anyone rate the sauce level?

Reactions: Winnipeger

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I need to revisit my comparison to #7. I have a lb of Ennerdale from this year. It’s definitely quite a bit less sauced than an older stash I’m finishing up that’s maybe 5 years old. I wouldn’t have bought it had I been able to taste it first. It’s more seasoned than something like Kendal Dark or K Kentucky. I believe my #7 Broken Flake from this year has a stronger Lakeland seasoning. It’s still good, it’s just not the slot I was trying to fill.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I need to revisit my comparison to #7. I have a lb of Ennerdale from this year. It’s definitely quite a bit less sauced than an older stash I’m finishing up that’s maybe 5 years old. I wouldn’t have bought it had I been able to taste it first. It’s more seasoned than something like Kendal Dark or K Kentucky. I believe my #7 Broken Flake from this year has a stronger Lakeland seasoning. It’s still good, it’s just not the slot I was trying to fill.
Wondering if the recent Ennerdale tins are nice and saucy. Might just pick up a couple to find out. This years early release was good to me but most say it wasn't sauced like older versions.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wondering if the recent Ennerdale tins are nice and saucy. Might just pick up a couple to find out. This years early release was good to me but most say it wasn't sauced like older versions.
If you can taste tobacco, it's no longer Ennerdale. After the 2021 Fall drop of flavorless Lakelands, I won't touch GH again.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yep! Lotsa 2015-2016 here!

l3tsaWQ_d.webp

• Wow
Reactions: eljimmy

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I might just have to bust open a more recent brick just to see…

But once I’ve cellared stuff, I try to avoid opening stuff I have cellared. I probably have 45-50 jars of small quantities that I work off of, until a particular blend is used up.

Reactions: Chasing Embers