PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
Hello all,

I was wondering about pipe cases or pouches suitable for the typical Canadian length or longer Billiards? I have a Rattray's three-pipe leather travel case that works very well for me, but it doesn't accommodate the longer pipes.

Thanks in advance!

DSCN0738.JPG

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Hello all,

I was wondering about pipe cases or pouches suitable for the typical Canadian length or longer Billiards? I have a Rattray's three-pipe leather travel case that works very well for me, but it doesn't accommodate the longer pipes.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 94153
I had the same problem but solved same by finding a fine quality leather pre owned ladies purse. There was no feminine look to it, wide over the chest straps with buckles, expanding sides plenty of deep pockets.

Reactions: Western Isles

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife gave me a handsome leather Savinelli churchwarden pipe case with plenty of room for two or three churchwarden or other pipes, a blend or two, pipe cleaners and matches/lighter. It is really fine looking, though for travel I often opt for an inexpensive nylon shaving kit that holds longer pipes and throws off thieves who'd think they were stealing my deodorant and toothpaste.

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
I had the same problem but solved same by finding a fine quality leather pre owned ladies purse. There was no feminine look to it, wide over the chest straps with buckles, expanding sides plenty of deep pockets.
Thanks. I'll give that some thought as we have a pretty nice charity shop near us.

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
My wife gave me a handsome leather Savinelli churchwarden pipe case with plenty of room for two or three churchwarden or other pipes, a blend or two, pipe cleaners and matches/lighter. It is really fine looking, though for travel I often opt for an inexpensive nylon shaving kit that holds longer pipes and throws off thieves who'd think they were stealing my deodorant and toothpaste.
Ah, I had been searching for cases and 'Canadian'. I'll look for one of these you mentioned!

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
For travel, I use a camera bag like this...
View attachment 94158
...so that I can take about dozen pipes, which is how many I can smoke in a day usually. This isn't what I would wag around with me like a purse. It just keeps my pipes and tobaccos safe for real travel. Mostly it would stay in my truck, campsite, or hotel room.
Thanks! That bag looks good, too. I take it that you use pipe socks or something similar to keep them separate in the bag?

Thanks! That bag looks good, too. I take it that you use pipe socks or something similar to keep them separate in the bag?
No, most camera bags will come with soft dividers to separate your camera from the lenses. They are held in place by velcro. Plus, I have mostly sandblasted pipes. I don't care if those knock about. If I collected straight grains, I might consider socks.

Reactions: Western Isles
I really like those pistol cases. I will be getting some soon for storing my better pipes, but the reason I don't use one for my travel carry, is that they are much heavier and hard, so I can't fit it into places amongst my other gear when camping, because it has no give. But, they are a damn classy way to store.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
For travel, I use a camera bag like this...
View attachment 94158
...so that I can take about dozen pipes, which is how many I can smoke in a day usually. This isn't what I would wag around with me like a purse. It just keeps my pipes and tobaccos safe for real travel. Mostly it would stay in my truck, campsite, or hotel room.
Cosmic, that is a great looking bag.
Only problem is I can picture the look on my wife's face when she sees me packing that prior to a trip.
I suppose I could use the come back "it's smaller than your cosmetic kit" rotf

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore