Recommendations for Pipe Shops in Paris?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Curious if anyone can recommend a pipe shop/tobacco shop or two in Paris France. And if they may have a good house blend.

My youngest daughter now has to live there at least half the year for her work. "I" can't think of a better way for her to spend her free time that to go shopping for me. :col::LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
France does not allow House blends to be sold. It`s all tins and pouches only.

There's Le Palais - Royal (Tabac à la Civette) is your best choice, on 157 rue St - Honoré, right by Le Louvre.

Then, Le Lotus, 4 rue de l'Arcade, not far from Place Vendôme.

And Tabac Le Bercy, 6 rue Chambertin, close to parc Le Bercy.

So you know, I'm just not sure how well supplied they are, nowadays, but it's absolutely not like what the US offers.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada

There's Le Palais - Royal (Tabac à la Civette) is your best choice, on 157 rue St - Honoré, right by Le Louvre.

So you know, I'm just not sure how well supplied they are, nowadays, but it's absolutely not like what the US offers.
Thank you very much for the information!

Reactions: edger

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
I thought that Tabac à la Civette was poncey and over-rated. Hands down the place to go is Pipe du Nord. It was taken over a few years ago by Marie and she is engaged with pipes and the pipe community. Shop is very nice and has a good vibe. There is a smoking area upstairs but I think you have to be a member/buy a membership to use it.

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
I thought that Tabac à la Civette was poncey and over-rated. Hands down the place to go is Pipe du Nord. It was taken over a few years ago by Marie and she is engaged with pipes and the pipe community. Shop is very nice and has a good vibe. There is a smoking area upstairs but I think you have to be a member/buy a membership to use it.
Yes, but they don't sell tobaccos À la pipe du Nord, mate. Just pipes & accessories.

Reactions: anotherbob

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
thank you. i'll be there, too, next week.
Any suggestions for out in Normandy? Rennes, Bayeux, Le Mans...

Also, I know there is a brand or two of French tobacco.. any particular Names to look for?

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin

I was just in that shop 1 month ago. Lot's of tobacco choices in tins and plenty of vapes. Tins are 2-3 times what it costs online here in the US. Moderate sized collection of pipes all in cases and difficult to see without assist, except for the 55 Euro basket pipes. Prices were way high, and they were not willing to assist with VAT taxes which put any pipe out of my range that I was willing to pay. Overall I entered intending to buy a souvenir pipe and tobacco and I ended up leaving there without a purchase. Never got to À la pipe du Nord.

Reactions: Scottmi

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
I was just in that shop 1 month ago. Lot's of tobacco choices in tins and plenty of vapes. Tins are 2-3 times what it costs online here in the US. Moderate sized collection of pipes all in cases and difficult to see without assist, except for the 55 Euro basket pipes. Prices were way high, and they were not willing to assist with VAT taxes which put any pipe out of my range that I was willing to pay. Overall I entered intending to buy a souvenir pipe and tobacco and I ended up leaving there without a purchase. Never got to À la pipe du Nord.
Which one did you visit?

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I visited A la Pipe du Nord in 2018. I purchased three pipes. There's a smoking lounge upstairs. The woman that owns the shop was fantastic. Try to visit...you won't be disappointed.

20180913_125535.jpg20180913_125202.jpg