PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Just got an estate Dunhill Tanshell 1962. Cleaned it and sat down with a bowl of aro for my first smoke...yucch! Did the cat crap in this pipe? Dumped and started over with the same blend areo in another Tanshell that looked like the identical pipe but a 1952...wonderful. So not the blend. Back to the 1962 with an English blend...delightful. I can't say why but it reminded me that there is a butt for every saddle and a saddle for every butt. I knew that some blends do better in some pipes than others but this really hammered it home.
IMG_3096.JPG

Reactions: aquadoc and Bengel

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Never noticed a taste difference from one pipe or another. Sounds like the airway is oxidized. Less noticable with a latakia blend.

Reactions: Tommy Boy

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I bought a 1964 Tanshell and it had a weird ghost in it. Couldn’t get it out for a while. It tasted musty, but not necessarily bad, just strange. Whenever I would run a pipe cleaner with solution on it through it would come out brown, no matter how many times I did it.

One day it started to smoke flakes well, and I just realized, “Hey, that ghost is gone.” But I feel like it still has a little bit of that ghost. Every time I run a pipe cleaner with solution through, it still comes out brown. Maybe that’s just how all Tanshells are. I have another Tanshell on the way, so we’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.