PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I purchased my first pipe, a MM Washington 5th Ave, back in Nov 2018 and it was my only pipe for the next three years. Since really getting into the hobby two years ago i've haven't touched it. Last summer i picked up a MM Dagner Cob Poker because i liked the black bowl, but after receiving it, it just seemed like it could be better. I didn't like the the natural stem and the proportions felt off. I looked back at my Washington 5th Ave and liked the proportions, and thought about staining it black, but it still needed a little something. I saw another style stem and knew that was it. So here is what it has become. Still not perfect, polishing the stem removed more stain than i would have liked and is uneven, but i do appreciate how it matches the bowl. I'll smoke this a while and reflect on how i feel about it. So my first pipe is now my first modified pipe.
MM Cob Mod 01.jpeg
MM Cob Mod 02.jpeg
MM Cob Mod 03.jpeg
MM Cob Mod 04.jpeg
MM Cob Mod 05.jpeg

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I like the Dagner. Stem fitting is lose and crooked. But for a 30 dollar pipe it smokes good. I have a stubby and the stem fits it better.

I get your love for that first pipe. unfortunately my first pipe was a cheap Asian pipe that I had no problem throwing away. Enjoy your revamped pipe friend.

Reactions: mbmoehl

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I like the Dagner. Stem fitting is lose and crooked. But for a 30 dollar pipe it smokes good. I have a stubby and the stem fits it better.

I get your love for that first pipe. unfortunately my first pipe was a cheap Asian pipe that I had no problem throwing away. Enjoy your revamped pipe friend.
I have a MM Danger as well, but don't smoke it often, it's heavy and I just don't find the proportions or the finish aestheticly nice enough to use often. I've thought about modifying that one as well. The MM Stubby with the red stem looks nice, just haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing one yet.

Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I have a MM Danger as well, but don't smoke it often, it's heavy and I just don't find the proportions or the finish aestheticly nice enough to use often. I've thought about modifying that one as well. The MM Stubby with the red stem looks nice, just haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing one yet.
I really like the stubby. If you didn't like the Dagner you might not like the Stubby. Same stem (just different color) and about the same weight and bowl size.

Reactions: mbmoehl