PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycroftholmes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2018
While trying to remove an old stuck innertube from the tennon it snapped off level with the end of the tennon and i'm unable to remove it. Anyone know how I can remove the piece that is left inside the tennon?

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
While trying to remove an old stuck innertube from the tennon it snapped off level with the end of the tennon and i'm unable to remove it. Anyone know how I can remove the piece that is left inside the tennon?
Not sure if an 1/8" diameter easyout screw extractor would be small enough or not. They also make some in small millimeters. I would hold it in a pen vise if you can find one small enough.

mycroftholmes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for the replies. I tried leaving it in alcohol overnight but it didn't work. Next I will try the freezer/hair dryer and if that doesn't work I will see if I can get an easyout screw extractor.

Reactions: sablebrush52

mycroftholmes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2018
The pipe is an Orlik and they used the same push fit innertubes as Dunhill
Here is a picture of the stem P1000364.JPG

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Just get a screw and lightly screw it into the tube. Don’t screw too far so you don’t break the stem. Get some pliers and pull.
if you flare the tube from the screw and break it, then you’re kinda fckd.

Reactions: LikeDadDid

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
And do this after you freeze the stem for about 30 minutes. assuming it’s aluminum; it’s ductility is stronger at lower temps. As for as contraction and expansion: I’d freeze for 1/2 day. Thaw for half day, the freeze for 30 minutes to 1/2 day and screw and pull.

Reactions: LikeDadDid
Status
Not open for further replies.