SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 25, 2023
Greetings! I am on the search for a MATCH for BOND STREET. Is anyone aware of a match begin produced, or perhaps have some original Bond Street Blend they may part with? I have reviewed the forums history on this subject but only seem to find chatter about Bourbon Street and nothing specific about BOND street matches.

Strange Quark

Lurker
Nov 9, 2023
Bond Street was weird stuff, highly "perfumed" bitter soap-like top note. I found an old pack in a tobacco shop in the early 90s. The closest I would say would be some of the Lakeland blends from England that have heavy floral aromas. In particular I'm thinking Gawith & Hoggarth's Kendal Flake. Its primarily darker virginias with some dark air cured varieties and added flavors of rose, geranium, almond and other essences from what I have read. It's perfumy, more rounded and sweater but not bitter and soapy. I quite like Kendal Flake. Condor from what I can remember was closer to Bond Street in aroma but is not available in the states. As to C&D Pegasus from what I understand is that it's a blend to approximate the base tobaccos of the old Bond Street but has no added flavor.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
There is a Sutliff Match called Bourbon Street which is a good blend on its own merrit but hard to reproduce.

The original has a weird floral note as mentioned, it is unique even among Lakeland category tobaccos. Was lucky enough to have found a pouch at a local shop here in Michigan, they had 2 I left 1 for someone else and was gone by the next trip.

Reactions: AroEnglish

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Greetings! I am on the search for a MATCH for BOND STREET. Is anyone aware of a match begin produced, or perhaps have some original Bond Street Blend they may part with? I have reviewed the forums history on this subject but only seem to find chatter about Bourbon Street and nothing specific about BOND street matches.

When most of the cigarettes went to the boys in service, laboratory tested mild Bond Street by Phillip Morris was proven mild enough to inhale, and the ladies approved.:)

IMG_5561.jpeg

Fifty years ago when I took up the pipe Bond Street even then was found only in very large drug stores such as Katz and not in smaller stores.

Revelation seemed to be more popular.

Somebody somewhere knows the recipie.

Who bought out the Phillip Morris pipe tobacco brands?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottmi