PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
One of my favourites. I managed to buy about 8 oz of it in bulk right before it got discontinued. Everybody was lamenting Picayune at the time. It was all a crying shame. I only have a couple of ounces of that one. But AB is my top blend from D&R and I was really sad to see it go, though it was never mentioned much. Enjoy it!

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
All the Rimboche's are great, and the unique "Periqued Dark-fired" with the touch of Latakia make the AB an interesting blend.

If I had the choice, the D&R blends I have/love would never change with aging. However I've recently smoked some that I've had jarred for a while (both with/without added moisture) and find that the bright leaf Mark Ryan used has aged quite nicely so far.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
All the Rimboche's are great, and the unique "Periqued Dark-fired" with the touch of Latakia make the AB an interesting blend.

If I had the choice, the D&R blends I have/love would never change with aging. However I've recently smoked some that I've had jarred for a while (both with/without added moisture) and find that the bright leaf Mark Ryan used has aged quite nicely so far.
The D&R blends used quality tobaccos, and while the blends weren't complex, they were excellent, well thought out smokes.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The D&R blends used quality tobaccos, and while the blends weren't complex, they were excellent, well thought out smokes.
Very true. I'm glad I heavily stocked up on a number of those blends when I did. There's a couple I didn't do that on, but A.B. and A.P. Rimboche, VIP, and the Raccoon series (which was Mark's top of the line blends IMHO) are among what I did cellar. Same for Three Sails (my favorite walking smoke), the Penhookers and Windsail.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I was gifted a tin of this last year from a gracious forum lifer and am awaiting a special occasion to crack it , didn't know much about it, glad to see it celebrated as it adds to my excitement. Cheers Gents

Reactions: fightnhampster