PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Wow 😲

I forgot about Love is Alive, this song, and Dream Weaver are certainly imprinted some where in my DNA of the 70s-80s past.

While he certainly might not of been the biggest musician in musical history, I can’t imagine how any American alive in the 80s would not of ever heard these songs on the radio.

I think Dream Weaver was a part of America in the 70s-80s.

So for anyone living under a rock then, here’s Love is Alive, or if you happened to of also forgot about it.

To the Dream Weaver! ❤️

Last edited:

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Wow 😲

I forgot about Love is Alive, this song, and Dream Weaver are certainly imprinted some where in my DNA of the 70s-80s past.

While he certainly might not of been the biggest musician in musical history, I can’t imagine how any American alive in the 80s would not of ever heard these songs on the radio.

I think Dream Weaver was a part of America in the 70s-80s.

So for anyone living under a rock then, here’s Love is Alive, or if you happened to of also forgot about it.

To the Dream Weaver! ❤️

Yeah, that one! Such a jam. That baseline is ridiculous!

R.I.P.

Reactions: PipeIT

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
It says Dream Weaver was released in 1975, I was 15 then.

Somewhere in the latter parts of the 70s, 76, 77, 78, I believe is when I first heard it.

Given the synthesizer new age vibe, the songs appeal seemed like it was listened to among more of the hippys and stoners of the 70s.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It is a staple on the "The Bridge" XM channel, so we hear it often. I was also 14 when it was released.
I don't know what chords are being played at the opening on the organ, but it is imminently recognizable immediately.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
It says Dream Weaver was released in 1975, I was 15 then.

Somewhere in the latter parts of the 70s, 76, 77, 78, I believe is when I first heard it.

Given the synthesizer new age vibe, the songs appeal seemed like it was listened to among more of the hippys and stoners of the 70s.
Nah, appealed all across the board - if someone was in HS at that time they were likely digging it - not much in the way of hippies by late ‘75/early ‘76 across the Midwest. Stoners I knew had a wide range of musical tastes, lol.