PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dublinpiper90

Can't Leave
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
I’ve been a pipe smoker for around 10years now mostly aros but I have grown to enjoy english alot nowadays, I have searched forms, read reviews, ask fellow smokers, sampled countless blends it feels like but I can’t find that tobacco that is WHOA that smells great to people around me ? so im gonna beat this question to you all. Thanks

Reactions: MattRVA

midcentry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Utah
I’ve been a pipe smoker for around 10years now mostly aros but I have grown to enjoy english alot nowadays, I have searched forms, read reviews, ask fellow smokers, sampled countless blends it feels like but I can’t find that tobacco that is WHOA that smells great to people around me ? so im gonna beat this question to you all. Thanks
I've been looking for a similar tobacco, and you get a lot of people recommending Frog Morton's Cellar.
I think this could be pleasant to someone who already somewhat enjoys the smell of burning tobacco, but maybe not the general public. Regardless, you need to sell a kidney to get some.

I've also heard that Sutliff's Eastfarthing smells pretty nice, but have yet to test that one for myself.

Reactions: dublinpiper90

dublinpiper90

Can't Leave
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
You are asking us to identify a tobacco just by you like the way it smells?? Good grief. Is it an aromatic?
Im not sure what it is, all of my tobaccos I have which is a lot I never have had anyone that’s around to say it’s pleasant or they say it don’t smell like my grandpas or dads pipe!

Last edited:
Reactions: kcghost
Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Are you asking for an English blend that has a good room note?

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
@Briar Lee smoking in his office around the wife and hired help I'm sure he will have a couple suggestions, i seem to recall him saying there are a couple blends enjoyed by all. You don't even wanna know from me man this aint even my neighborhood, Im from the west side of Chicago.
See that sign that says Rib Tips, we’ll, F it you don’t need that….

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife tolerates my entire changing rotation of blends with equanimity and I appreciate that. Lately, the blend that rated a praising comment from clear across the hall in the other room was Lane Limited HGL. She commented on it favorably at least one other time. So for aromatics, that has become a favorite of mine. I find it pleasing and tobacco forward too.