PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
Hello all!

I'm really interested in trying something with a heavy rose geranium component, as one of my Grandfather's pipes is clearly saturated with it, and I could probably never use it with anything else, haha. From the reviews I've seen, G & H's Dark Flake seems to be heavier with it(is Dark Flake Scented the same as Dark Flake Aromatic?) than Ennerdale. Is that an accurate conclusion?

Is there any other tobacco out there that goes heavy on the rose geranium?

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
abe53e.jpg

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
Thanks for the replies!

I should probably ask for one that is easily purchasable. The British online shops don't seem to be shipping to the US anymore(some new regulation.

So I suppose I have to limit myself to what is available to purchase in the US. I read a comment here that mentioned a non-G & H blend that had the essence, but unfortunately I can't remember where!

Oct 7, 2016
It hasn't been imported to the US for over a year now. As ofthispost, Smoking Pipes has both Brown Flake Aromatic and Dark Flake Aromatic in stock. They are the same as what used to be called scented. If you order a 500g box, it will say Brown Flake A or Dark Flake A. All the same thing,labeling regulations keep changing.

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
It hasn't been imported to the US for over a year now. As ofthispost, Smoking Pipes has both Brown Flake Aromatic and Dark Flake Aromatic in stock. They are the same as what used to be called scented. If you order a 500g box, it will say Brown Flake A or Dark Flake A. All the same thing,labeling regulations keep changing.
Thank you!

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
Okay, here's another question:. Would it be possible to, say, add a drop of rose geranium essential oil to a tobacco blend? Would that be crazy(or safe?)?

Reactions: sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Okay, here's another question:. Would it be possible to, say, add a drop of rose geranium essential oil to a tobacco blend? Would that be crazy(or safe?)?
Don't see why not. You just need to find out how best to do it.

BTW, I just fired up a bowl of G&H Glengarry Flake and it has a nice Geranium topping in with the other toppings mentioned in their write up. Very tasty flake, and still available at:

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
It's been done on another forum. I would be very discriminating about what product I'd use. I think you'd get a good idea/ taste of it from the other members suggestions.

Reactions: Donb1972

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Hello all!

I'm really interested in trying something with a heavy rose geranium component, as one of my Grandfather's pipes is clearly saturated with it, and I could probably never use it with anything else, haha. From the reviews I've seen, G & H's Dark Flake seems to be heavier with it(is Dark Flake Scented the same as Dark Flake Aromatic?) than Ennerdale. Is that an accurate conclusion?

Is there any other tobacco out there that goes heavy on the rose geranium?
Dark Flake Scented (or Aromatic, or A) has geranium as its main note. Ennerdale has it back way in the back for me.
Regarding adding oil to a blend, don’t know, should be careful because essential oils are usually extremely strong. Also need to find a way to probably dilute and vaporize it to spread evenly, otherwise you’ll get hot spots of it on the blend which when you smoke could turn out your lights.