PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yesterday night, I pulled the plug on a couple of pounds of Rustica (Whole leaf from leaf only) to add some oomph to my pipe smoking.

With the constraints that I am very lazy and not handy at all, what are some (extremely simple) of the ways I can use it with my existing tobacco?
I'd suggest getting one of their shredders. Adding it a bit at a time to a blend is good but 25% seems to be the goldilocks zone to prevent it from totally overpowering the flavor of the blend. I do like it straight though.

I'd suggest getting one of their shredders. Adding it a bit at a time to a blend is good but 25% seems to be the goldilocks zone to prevent it from totally overpowering the flavor of the blend. I do like it straight though.
Thank you! I did not get a shredder as I want to try it first to see how much I like it. Of course I will get a shredder if I like it a lot!

I will definitely try it straight but on a weekend, after dinner and in a small pipe.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Yesterday night, I pulled the plug on a couple of pounds of Rustica (Whole leaf from leaf only) to add some oomph to my pipe smoking.

With the constraints that I am very lazy and not handy at all, what are some (extremely simple) of the ways I can use it with my existing tobacco?
I add Rustica quite often. Even to Cornell and Diehl Burley Flake mixtures.

Reactions: cshubhra
I just finished my first bowl. I started with 25% Rustica as I did not want to get overwhelmed. I also chose the other blend carefully: Since the Rustica was very dry I needed something wet to slow the burn. I also needed something low in Nicotine to calibrate the Rustica. Sutliff Crème Brûlée fitted on both counts, so that’s what I chose.

I could feel the Rustica but it was not overwhelming. Next time I will add more.