PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Welcome from Toronto neighbour. I'm not the newest one around anymore. Yay! You'll love it here. Lots to learn on this journey and you've found an amazing group to learn from. Personally, I've only had bad TB once, and it was from smoking an aro blend of somekind. It was too wet and I had I think was drawing too hard. I've been leaving my tobacco out for a couple hours to dry it out if I feel like it's too damp and think that helps as I haven't had it again. Bunch of Canadians on here and several I've met from Toronto. Will start a club some day soon I bet!

TO Skyline.jpg

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Welcome from Toronto neighbour. I'm not the newest one around anymore. Yay! You'll love it here. Lots to learn on this journey and you've found an amazing group to learn from. Personally, I've only had bad TB once, and it was from smoking an aro blend of somekind. It was too wet and I had I think was drawing too hard. I've been leaving my tobacco out for a couple hours to dry it out if I feel like it's too damp and think that helps as I haven't had it again. Bunch of Canadians on here and several I've met from Toronto. Will start a club some day soon I bet!

View attachment 126101
Nice to hear from a fellow Torontonian! Thanks so much for the kind message! Where do you buy your tobacco? I've been frequenting Victory Pipes in Oshawa, which seems to have the best selection around here, but damn, tobacco here is expensive!!!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

RalphiesDad

Lurker
Jan 14, 2022
Eastern WA State
Welcome, from eastern WA state. I read somewhere recently that Seattle Pipe Club blends are near impossible to get bite from. You might try Deception Pass and see. I'm still learning the ropes as well, but I've yet to get any serious bite from it.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Nice to hear from a fellow Torontonian! Thanks so much for the kind message! Where do you buy your tobacco? I've been frequenting Victory Pipes in Oshawa, which seems to have the best selection around here, but damn, tobacco here is expensive!!!
I've really stopped buying tobacco at my local B&M unless I have to. It's just too ridiculously expensive and the selection isn't great. Not the main driver, but another benefit of going to pipes over cigars, is that it's dramatically cheaper. Between friends/family/work back and forth to US and the section in this forum where generous, honest people are selling aged offerings, I'm helping keep my local B&M afloat by buying pipes, cigars and other things. It's too bad, because our F'd up nanny governments are deliberately trying to destroy this entire industry.

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
I've really stopped buying tobacco at my local B&M unless I have to. It's just too ridiculously expensive and the selection isn't great. Not the main driver, but another benefit of going to pipes over cigars, is that it's dramatically cheaper. Between friends/family/work back and forth to US and the section in this forum where generous, honest people are selling aged offerings, I'm helping keep my local B&M afloat by buying pipes, cigars and other things. It's too bad, because our F'd up nanny governments are deliberately trying to destroy this entire industry.
Do you buy online now? I've made an order from 4noggins in the U.S. but it looks like it might be stuck in customs. I'm dreading to find out if I have pay duty.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.