Is this legit? Interesting bid history.

ebay Sasieni one dot

s-l1600.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
One Dots in good shape are a couple hundred bucks. I dont think I've ever seen a One Dot with the "Specially Selected". The seller doesn't mention this, but the buyer knew they had something pretty unique. I think the seller used to be a member here, 10 years or so back.

Reactions: yanoJL and runscott

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
It's legit.

3/4ths of the sold value is because of rarity. (It's a museum piece, not something that will probably ever be smoked going forward.)

Reactions: runscott
Lucky you! I have an 8 dot and I'm ending my Sasieni collection right there.
I posted in a thread a few days ago. I have 11 Sasienis including the eight dot, as well as some rare transition area pipes when they went overboard with dots … 😀 However the collection is incomplete with double one (Separate from two) and a few extremely rare ones missing. However I don’t want to complete them.

Not completing a collections always keep you on your toes to hunt. Completing means you need something else to focus on 😀

Reactions: Papamique

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
BTW, the reason this is a rarity is because Dunhill responded quickly to what they saw as a legal infringement of their trademark. As a result, Sasieni switched to blue dots.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I posted in a thread a few days ago. I have 11 Sasienis including the eight dot, as well as some rare transition area pipes when they went overboard with dots … 😀 However the collection is incomplete with double one (Separate from two) and a few extremely rare ones missing. However I don’t want to complete them.

Not completing a collections always keep you on your toes to hunt. Completing means you need something else to focus on 😀
Never heard of 'double one' - sounds like one you'll not be able to resist keeping an eye out for.
I have five total: three 'four dot' Regents, a 'four dot' Natural and an '8 dot'. I'm very attached to the '8 dot'!

Reactions: cshubhra

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The neat thing about this particular pipe is that it can be dated to no later than 1923 due to it's being stamped with a number and not with a town name. Sasieni stamps were often not applied deeply. Years ago, one dots were getting very high prices, upper 3 to lower 4 figures. Never saw one going for the lower 3's. The final price isn't out of line compared to past auction sales.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020

I collected them all and I mean ALL of them along with catalogs and flyers. Sasieni lighters, pipe bags, memorabilia etc. I felt like I had a full collection and displayed it for a couple years. Then I slipped and broke a one dot selected by Sasieni and a four dot rustic Reigate that I was carrying. I then sold off most of my collection. I still have a couple dozen I will keep.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!

I’ve been through this.

Reactions: cshubhra

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Don't you sort of hate learning a favorite pipe has become so valuable, you are afraid to smoke it?
While I do have a few "nice" pieces, none are in the rarified heights of Bo Nordhs or Sixten Ivarssons.
And if I did, I'd smoke them.
Because that was what their makers intended when they made them. puffy