PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Having little better to do at the moment, I'm posting a photo of a recent acquisition. I seem to have an irrational attraction to Sasieni. Or maybe not so irrational. Which brings me to the issue of how my state of mind is affected by the brand of pipe I'm smoking. Shouldn't be at all, but brand perception is a thing. I expect Sasienis to be a better smoke, so for me they probably are. But what if were blindfolded when I smoked any of my pipes ? You know what I'm getting at........Sasieni 2 dot.jpg

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Having little better to do at the moment, I'm posting a photo of a recent acquisition. I seem to have an irrational attraction to Sasieni. Or maybe not so irrational. Which brings me to the issue of how my state of mind is affected by the brand of pipe I'm smoking. Shouldn't be at all, but brand perception is a thing. I expect Sasienis to be a better smoke, so for me they probably are. But what if were blindfolded when I smoked any of my pipes ? You know what I'm getting at........View attachment 201337
It’s the way they cured the briar. At least that’s my perception. The first time I smoked a Sasieni, I started selling my dunhills to get more Sasieni pipes. Maybe it was a lucky draw OR maybe there is something to it. Who know? Who cares? I love the brand.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I’ve only two: a modern 4-dot (which is just a solid mid-range pipe; nothing like the earlier “dots”), and what is essentially a second, a Claret. Both smoke fine, and the Claret, while an inexpensive pipe, has sentimental value since it was a gift from Rick Hacker.

I’m definitely open to expanding the collection, but the collectible “dots” I’ve seen have been priced a bit outside my range…especially since i don’t actually need any new pipes.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Before this, I had never heard of Sasieni. Are they still in business?
I don’t think so, but if they are, I’d say they are not the same as the transition and pre-transition era.
A Claret, while an inexpensive pipe, has sentimental value since it was a gift from Rick Hacker
My only saseini is a claret. It is a super smoker. They have become a bit of a collectible line now too. The one @cshubhra has is a beaut