School's Out For Summer! Possibly Forever?!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Willam-

Please put your location in your Profile-How:

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
Welcome William!
Before you get too far, let me just tell you
A: It's often said that it's better to be lucky than good,
and
B: You have made a (reversible) error in preemptively refusing betrothal negotiations. We are an eclectic group, but all of our daughters are brilliant, beautiful, have great senses of humor, and are heiresses to our stockpiled tobacco fortunes.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome, William. Don't shoot yourself in the foot; marrying one of these guys' daughters will lead to an instant collection when they kick the bucket.

• Haha
Reactions: William F.

William F.

Lurker
May 4, 2024
Lone Star State
I see that you like Scandinavian pipes.
I lack any actual personal experience but I really like the forward shape of Jess's pipes and the contrast of Eltang.

gord

Might Stick Around
I am William and yesterday marked the end of my second year attending University of Houston Cullen College of Engineering.
I have no doubt that you are more than impressed and that your fingers are already itching to type heaps of praise upon me, congratulations abound. Some of you are probably thinking "He is going places." and "This is prime son-in-law material."
Stop.
Before wasting any time+effort photoshopping your daughter's graduation photos, know this:
The only place that I am going, is right back from whence I came. Nowhere.

Back to the introduction…
I took up smoking around nine months ago, upon finding a cheap plastic "Made China" pipe in the local convenience store and pairing it with the cashier's highly recommended Tin Star Regular Pipe Tobacco. While I have not had the means to upgrade replace the pipe, I have been fortunate enough to try a few more blends.
I have only been reading the forums for a few weeks but have already grown tired of not being able to expand the photos of some of your beautiful pipes (members only), so I decided to join. Visiting this site has been to me, what some people must have experienced with National Geographic in decades gone by; I have been reading about and seeing things that are complete foreign but almost familiar at the same time.

I will attempt to end this novelette with a joke; actually, this is legitimately my entire pipe+tobacco holdings but some of you will probably find it to be quite humorous:
View attachment 307987
"Made China" pipe

Tamper that I made from a broken wine glass

Tin Star Regular Pipe Tobacco [Terrible - Surely meant for making cigarettes, which are probably just as terrible.]
4 Aces Turkish Pipe Tobacco [Bad - A little better than Tin Star but not by much.]
Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic [Decent - Better when mixed 1:1 with SWR or Prince Albert.]
Sir Walter Raleigh [Good - This most recent pouch has a faint hint of vinegar, which will hopefully dissipate.]
Prince Albert [Good - I probably smoke this at least once every day, if not more.
Welcome from BC Canada. Degrees are over-rated. I have 5 of them, and they've become an embarassment in my old age. Your collection? You will progress from humble beginnings to utter madness. From your first post, I have confidence in you.