PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zapasta

Lurker
Oct 23, 2021
Tampa, FL
Hello friends,

I use a pipe nail tamper. It does the job and I love the simplicity. However, I find myself having to clean the ends of the small tamper or get my hands dirty. Does anyone happen to be able to, or know someone who is able to make be a pipe nail tamper that is longer than the standard tamper?

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Hello friends,

I use a pipe nail tamper. It does the job and I love the simplicity. However, I find myself having to clean the ends of the small tamper or get my hands dirty. Does anyone happen to be able to, or know someone who is able to make be a pipe nail tamper that is longer than the standard tamper?
Any hardware store will have nails or gutter spikes. Just take your tamper to make sure the head is about the same size.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Hello friends,

This is what I think of when you say pipe nail. It costs 99¢. You want get a custom made one that's longer? How much are you willing to pay? That may answer the question of who will make one for you.
dsc_0587.jpg

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
Capewell size 16 horseshoe nails (for draft horses) are the longest I've seen. Find a farrier who does Draft breeds and ask for one. If the farrier has a forge, then making a spoon on the sharp end should be a piece of cake.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Hello friends,

Well Jim Nantz ---- look up about three and four posts!!!! ✌️

Last edited:

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Larry Roush makes marvelous tampers out of silver. Check his website from time to time (everything he makes sells quickly) or commission one. Nice guy too.

Sun Bear John

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
I use these...