PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
You might look into GL Pease 'The Virginia Cream.' Flavored but in a 'natural' and fairly unobtrusive way. Another thought is some of the other Lakeland style tobaccos. Lots of flavors but without a chemical aftertaste.
Thanks

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Still trying to figure out the intent but if a bit of topping that is a complement that still allows you the enjoyment of the tobacco is your goal I’d recommend Peterson University Flake or something similar.

Reactions: El Capitán

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
All of the HH series tobaccos are marketed as not having flavoring additives and just being natural tobacco taste, right?

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
For flavored/scented that still taste like quality tobacco, without “synthetic” aftertastes these come to my mind:
Dan Devil’s Holiday if you like berries and tobacco, and a great room note.
Glengarry Flake would be worth a try.
Dan SVH for honeydewed Virginia.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I find Suttliff Rustica Crumble Kake #5 to have a great consistent non-chemically bourbon topping and a great in-your-face tobacco flavor.

All of the HH series tobaccos are marketed as not having flavoring additives and just being natural tobacco taste, right?
Where did you see that? They used to have a Modern Virginia in the HH line up, which was an apricot aromatic, and the old Acadian Perique was heavily topped.
Definitely what is left of the HH line is not too heavily cased, but I haven't heard that was what the line was about.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Where did you see that? They used to have a Modern Virginia in the HH line up, which was an apricot aromatic, and the old Acadian Perique was heavily topped.
Definitely what is left of the HH line is not too heavily cased, but I haven't heard that was what the line was about.
The HH line was definately advertised as "the bare minimum" for casing.

Old_Newby

Jan 1, 2022
Texas
So these 2 are no longer available?

Old_Newby

Jan 1, 2022
Texas
For flavored/scented that still taste like quality tobacco, without “synthetic” aftertastes these come to my mind:
Dan Devil’s Holiday if you like berries and tobacco, and a great room note.
Glengarry Flake would be worth a try.
Dan SVH for honeydewed Virginia.
Great thanks. I will check these out.