Not open for further replies.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Some great info here.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
If you’re trying to evade capture by some government agency, you can get rid of your finger prints pretty quickly with a clay pipe. The staggering temperatures a clay pipe will reach with even the slightest puff will eradicate any identifying marks most anywhere on the human body. They can also be used to cauterize a wound in a pinch.

A must have in the go bag of dedicated doomsday pepper.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
They worked fine since the 1600s. Besides, it’s not like a lifestyle choice or anything since you can buy one for about the price of a cob pipe and a cup of coffee.

Break in includes your lip sticking to it the first time you smoke it, burning your fingers once when you handle it wrong, and rolling it over and dumping the tobacco in your lap, lol. Otherwise, they taste like clay for a couple days but then great.

No maintenance really but if it needs it set it in the bbq grill and bake it clean!

Worth trying.

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
I've only smoked one a few times so I've no real experience. What I did observe was, taste wasn't bad, gets hotter than a two dollar pistol and not a clincher. However, many guys really enjoy them and for the price you may as well try one.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It something of an acquired taste of a certain type of pipe smoker. Most smokers, myself included. figure that a clay pipe is something of an affectation requiring the greatest heat tolerance on the part of the smoker. Not for me.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Almost as cheap as a cob but x10 better.

Nothing special to it, treat it like any other pipe for the most part, as far as cleaning and whatnot.

As to smoking, hold it by the stem (stem should never get hot like the bowl can), and either coat the end (enamel nail polish works if you just give it a few days to fully gass-off, or you can wrap it in twine), or leave it uncoated and uncovered and just make sure you wet the end of it and your lips frequently so it doesn't stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.