PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
So I have had hit or miss contact with Tekin at the Tekinmeer website, Etsy, and meershchaumstore. They were: responsive on Etsy, unresponsive on the Tekinmeer website, unresponsive on the meershchaumstore email page, and responsive via Whatsapp. I don't know who runs their contact page(s).

Anyway, here's my situation. Maybe others could use this information when searching for meer craftsmen.

On the 21st I placed my order. On the 23rd I received an email saying it was shipped. On the website the order reads that it's both shipped and awaiting shipment. I asked two days ago on Whatsapp if there's a tracking code, and he said wait 48 hours and there will be. It's been over 48 hours and I don't want to annoy the guy I'm sure he's busy. But maybe the phone line goes to someone other than Tekin. Is this gonna take a month to get here? I feel like I'm not going to get any answers or details going further. I hope the pipe isn't damaged. Dealing with this is subpar compared to other online vending experiences I've had, and I have probably wouldn't purchase again just based on this experience.

Rah rah rah I'm being a Karen because my package didn't ship fast enough but for the price you'd think communication would be on point.

Anyone have a similar or better experience? I went with Tekin based on my readings here.

Reactions: FurCoat

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So the website is confusing because there's an email listed but this page suggests they're only available by phone and WhatsApp. View attachment 283340

I thought the checkout page said it would take 10 days maximum from FedEx. But I can recognize I did not foresee this issue, and could have purchased from a US dealer.
Unless I'm buying straight from an independent carver, I mostly order from Meerschaum Market.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've ordered from Turkey before, Sadik Yanik, and it took about 3 weeks for my pipe to arrive. My tracking information wasn't available until the pipe arrived in the United States, and then I was able to track the pipe via the carrier's website (i.e. USPS).

I've found that when I've either shipped items over seas or purchased items from over seas, the tracking information is horrible. Most mail services outside of the US don't seem to have good tracking information from my experience.

I've found it much easier to shop at Meerschaum Market, as they ship from within the US as that's where they are located. Tekin is one of the carvers that they sell pipes for along with many other great carvers.

Reactions: JackofNone

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I've ordered from Turkey before, Sadik Yanik, and it took about 3 weeks for my pipe to arrive. My tracking information wasn't available until the pipe arrived in the United States, and then I was able to track the pipe via the carrier's website (i.e. USPS).

I've found that when I've either shipped items over seas or purchased items from over seas, the tracking information is horrible. Most mail services outside of the US don't seem to have good tracking information from my experience.

I've found it much easier to shop at Meerschaum Market, as they ship from within the US as that's where they are located. Tekin is one of the carvers that they sell pipes for along with many other great carvers.
You can also do commissions through them with the carvers that they distribute for.

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com

I'm glad I ordered "my" pipe from Tekin but I can only imagine that their primary concern is carving and wholesale- not distribution on a consumer level.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Most people I know that do custom/craftsmanship type work deducted their time to what they do, and answering inquiries only slows everyone’s orders down.
We are very spoiled these days.

Anyone else remember snail mail back and forth before sending a check? 6-12wks was normal.
I’m fairly certain that he has employees to handle the important task of actually selling stuff.

Reactions: JackofNone

upnorth1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
I’m in Canada and I’ve on occasion waited a month for orders shipped from the US. They always do arrive though. Given where it’s coming from I’d recommend patience. I’m sure it will get there.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Most people I know that do custom/craftsmanship type work deducted their time to what they do, and answering inquiries only slows everyone’s orders down.
We are very spoiled these days.
The pipe carvers that I've dealt with always take the time to make the process more of a collaboration. They've sent me progress photos and ask for my input for how I like hoe it's turning out and if I'd like any changes.

Reactions: Sobrbiker

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
Not sure if anyone is following this thread but...
Meerstore stopped responding as anticipated on Whatsapp. My meermarket order came in.

Is the burning wax taste of a fresh meer normal or am I smoking too hot? I do like to smoke em hot but not enough to bite me or burn briar.

Any input is appreciated.
Cheers

Reactions: AroEnglish