PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Most people I know that do custom/craftsmanship type work deducted their time to what they do, and answering inquiries only slows everyone’s orders down.
We are very spoiled these days.

Anyone else remember snail mail back and forth before sending a check? 6-12wks was normal.
I remember such long shipping times you'd order something and forget you ordered it until the UPS man showed up. I prefer now, but also miss the feeling of little Christmas time surprises. Imagine getting a package and thinking what pipe did I buy oh yeah and got a cool tamper too (then you can imagine what I am talking about),

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
Ultimately, I would not buy from Meerschaumstore.com again. Their website suggests that tracking info is available, as did the vendor when we talked on private message. However, this was not the truth. The product I bought came with a crappy box that doesn't close, but it was advertised as coming with a fitted leather case. Also, the pipe is depicted as having a 9mm adapter for filterless smokes, but this was not included. I love my pipe, but if a sale is a contract, they didn't really hold up their end of the bargain. I'm sure others have had better experiences. I know guys complain all the time about P&C but I pretty much get my tobacco from them exclusively based on my positive customer service experiences with them. As a small business owner, I try to retain clientele through positive experience. They didn't "go an extra mile," nor meet reasonable expectations. I have enough pipes and I won't be in the market again unless one of them fails so this point is moot. I would have preferred to spend more money for a better experience. But, as the old saying goes...

EDIT: pipe was not depicted with 9mm adapter, my vision failed me. The box is not "crappy," just inconsistent with the level of craftsmanship of the pipe, and definitely not leather nor fitted.

Last edited:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Ultimately, I would not buy from Meerschaumstore.com again. Their website suggests that tracking info is available, as did the vendor when we talked on private message. However, this was not the truth. The product I bought came with a crappy box that doesn't close, but it was advertised as coming with a fitted leather case. Also, the pipe is depicted as having a 9mm adapter for filterless smokes, but this was not included. I love my pipe, but if a sale is a contract, they didn't really hold up their end of the bargain. I'm sure others have had better experiences. I know guys complain all the time about P&C but I pretty much get my tobacco from them exclusively based on my positive customer service experiences with them. As a small business owner, I try to retain clientele through positive experience. They didn't "go an extra mile," nor meet reasonable expectations. I have enough pipes and I won't be in the market again unless one of them fails so this point is moot. I would have preferred to spend more money for a better experience. But, as the old saying goes...
Do you have some pics of the case? Yeah that's not great to state something and not deliver. Sorry to hear that it was a bad transaction.

JackofNone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2023
Central New Jersey
www.youtube.com
Here are the images to back up my claims. Note that the person I spoke to is not named "Meer," it is just what I saved the # as in my phone. I'll retract my statement about the box being crappy, but it does not shut snugly nor is it leather-made. And, after zooming in on the image that I thought included the adapter, it looks like that photo was just a shot of the stem sans adapter. I had to zoom in to see it. I don't feel robbed by any means, just misled on at least two fronts. Similar pipes with fitted leather cases go for at least $100USD more than what I paid, and I wasn't expecting this package for another 3 weeks.

Screenshot_20240207-154643 (1).pngIMG_20240207_110233086.jpgIMG_20240207_143327769_HDR.jpg Screen Shot 2024-02-07 at 3.45.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-07 at 3.45.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-07 at 3.47.36 PM.png