Shipping Pipe Tobacco from Canada to U.S.?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

North of the Border Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
Toronto, Canada
I am wondering if anyone has information about shipping pipe tobacco from Canada to the U.S.?
Is it legal? I know that there are restrictions on cigarettes but pipe tobacco seems to be o.k..
Does anyone have exoeriences?
Thank you.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
Toronto, Canada
That’s what I thought but the info about thus is not clear...

These tobacco products can no longer be delivered via U.S. Mail for consumer purchases, and mail deliveries are generally limited to deliveries between businesses with all applicable licenses for tobacco sales and deliveries for consumer testing. Pipe tobacco and cigars are not subject to the mailability restrictions.Jan 8, 2012

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Shipping tobacco out of the tax black hole that is Canada feels like shipping rocks from the earth to the moon. A lot of effort and expense to get something to where it already exists, and is already cheaper. Haha.

But no, I have no experience with it. Only the other direction. Good luck!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That’s what I thought but the info about thus is not clear...

These tobacco products can no longer be delivered via U.S. Mail for consumer purchases, and mail deliveries are generally limited to deliveries between businesses with all applicable licenses for tobacco sales and deliveries for consumer testing. Pipe tobacco and cigars are not subject to the mailability restrictions.Jan 8, 2012
The easier way to send tobacco to a friend in the US is just to order it from smokingpipes and have it mailed directly to them. I've done that a few times.

If it is a special blend or something then its different.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I know. It almost does not seem to make sense sending from Can to the US. I was more thinking about listing some on the sale forum and wanted to find out if it is o.k. to include sales or trades going south....Thanks though.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
Yeah I was going to put some tobaccos up for sale, but I am in Canada should I restrict shipment just to Canada?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Yeah I was going to put some tobaccos up for sale, but I am in Canada should I restrict shipment just to Canada?
I can’t imagine you’d be able to price it so that anyone in the US would want to buy it.
I was in Canad last week and saw this
D5BA7297-82D8-4AB8-B703-F8F3C7D9043B.jpeg7A67DC0C-13B0-484D-92E8-5AC836109580.jpeg
You can buy Three Nuns for $16 or $17 from an online retailer in the U.S right now.
And you get the tin art lol.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I can’t imagine you’d be able to price it so that anyone in the US would want to buy it.
I was in Canad last week and saw this
View attachment 140798View attachment 140799
You can buy Three Nuns for $16 or $17 from an online retailer in the U.S right now.
And you get the tin art lol.
Pop that tin in a frame and it's "Found Art," titled "Raped by Three Nuns."

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
I have done trades with Canadian pipers. You have to mark it as a gift and description needs to be something like collectible tins or something. I don't recall the exact terms I used. Same for the shipment coming to me from Canada. There is a small risk it will be stopped but will probably go through.

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
I have done trades with Canadian pipers. You have to mark it as a gift and description needs to be something like collectible tins or something. I don't recall the exact terms I used. Same for the shipment coming to me from Canada. There is a small risk it will be stopped but will probably go through.
Actually I think the description was "hobby supplies." That's what we used.