PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
I love the middle pipe.
The EXEXEL bowl contrasts so well with the slenderness of the oval shank and saddle stem (in profile).
Very nice.
Thanks. My wife found that pipe on the Goodwill Industries web site (a “Barling’s Make,” that I believe was carved during the transition period while the Barling family was still running the company after the sale to the new owners). It came with a pre-Lane Charatan Selected and a Charatan Perfection. When my wife asked me if she paid too much money for the pipes, I laughed and told her she would have easily paid double if she’d bought them on eBay.

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Thanks. My wife found that pipe on the Goodwill Industries web site (a “Barling’s Make,” that I believe was carved during the transition period while the Barling family was still running the company after the sale to the new owners). It came with a pre-Lane Charatan Selected and a Charatan Perfection. When my wife asked me if she paid too much money for the pipes, I laughed and told her she would have easily paid double if she’d bought them on eBay.
Your wife's a keeper.?

Mine refuses to encourage my "obsessions"
So no wine, pipes or tobacco as presents ?

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
So, how many more unsmoked Barlings do you have? BTW, the REG'd number era ended in early 1951.
Thanks..Just got those 3...So REGd 98046 ends in 1951?I have been told mine are from 1946-1949 ..so who knows....They sure look good after 70 years of age...The Guinea grain got REG Design so I figured 50s untill very early 60s...