PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Every time I see this thread title I figure you guys are showing off pics of something else.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
WOW! That is a lot of cobs! Damn nice ones, too.
A few of those cobs have over 25 years if service. The Roy Robs and Missouri Prides are my yard cobs. I smoke those on average of 4 times each every weekend. Thats a lot of smokes in the heat or cold, rain and shine, greasy gas soaked hands...you name it. Tough as freakin nails.

• Love
Reactions: weezell

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Its a very tight fit and I a bit cautious in trying to push it all the way in. There was another member who posted his once that looked the same. I sanded the bit with 2500 wet/dry sand paper a bit, but the acrylic is fairly hard. Any suggestions?
I wish I could help, I don't really know. I was just curious. I guess it is because the stems are not custom made for each pipe.

I have been thinking about picking one up, but this makes me rethink that a little bit (may still buy it).

C

carolinasmokes

Its a very tight fit and I a bit cautious in trying to push it all the way in. There was another member who posted his once that looked the same. I sanded the bit with 2500 wet/dry sand paper a bit, but the acrylic is fairly hard. Any suggestions?
Sweet Home Alabama I've had this problem with a few of my cobs in the past. I used a small round file to remove/smooth out any burrs or uneven spots inside the ferrules/bands attached to the shank end. I have found it's not always the stem tenon diameter that's the problem. You might look there also for a solution.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I wish I could help, I don't really know. I was just curious. I guess it is because the stems are not custom made for each pipe.

I have been thinking about picking one up, but this makes me rethink that a little bit (may still buy it).
It’s a favorite pipe and I reach for it often. I’m sure I could make it flush, but after seeing Tolkien’s pipe, it doesn’t bother me. Plus, Peterson makes a pipe with a gap. Please reconsider!!

Reactions: tobefrank
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Sweet Home Alabama I've had this problem with a few of my cobs in the past. I used a small round file to remove/smooth out any burrs or uneven spots inside the ferrules/bands attached to the shank end. I have found it's not always the stem tenon diameter that's the problem. You might look there also for a solution.
Many thanks, friend!!

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Family photo.

TnicEOv.jpg