Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I just got one off of eBay recently and it’s got me curious about what other folks have.

signal-2023-06-16-145957_002.jpeg

This holds 9 pipes and does great with straights and pretty good with bents. The pub pipe doesn't sit the best in it but it gets the job done. Also the little oom paul beside it jiggles or comes off if I spit it real hard but I don't plan to be doing that with any regularity.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
50 something year old Decatur my dad bought at Iwan Ries. 9 pipe plus cleaner tube and a tamper hole. Holds 4-6 ounces in original jar.
Still unpacking from move, so this old pic will have to do.
View attachment 227949
I’ve seen one like that on eBay and thought "why is there a big cylinder on one side?" Clearly the obvious use for it.

What's the rack beside it?

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
A two tiered nine pipe rack that I got at Goodwill for 2 bucks. There was another one there just like it, but I called a friend and he went and grabbed it.
That's a winner! I like the staggered design and the open slots for the stems. If you get a chance, could you send a full photo of it? I've been wanting something just like that and if I can't find one I'll try to make one myself.

Reactions: Sobrbiker

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
I just got one off of eBay recently and it’s got me curious about what other folks have.

View attachment 227941

This holds 9 pipes and does great with straights and pretty good with bents. The pub pipe doesn't sit the best in it but it gets the job done. Also the little oom paul beside it jiggles or comes off if I spit it real hard but I don't plan to be doing that with any regularity.
You appear to like Peterson! Like the stand.

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
These are my preferred stands because they rotate. I put the pipes in bowl side up so they are easy to take out as I smoke mainly bents. In a perfect world I would only have enough pipes to fit in my 3 rotating racks like this. So 27 pipes. The nicest one has a tamper holder and pipe cleaner holder.

View attachment 228081View attachment 228082
I went with the cutout slots as I wanted ease of removal, especially for my bent pipes, but I didn't think about putting them stem-side down.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I went with the cutout slots as I wanted ease of removal, especially for my bent pipes, but I didn't think about putting them stem-side down.
I’m not meticulous about deep cleaning after every smoke, so I tend to stay away from leaving my pipes with the stem below the bowl.
A salt/everclear treatment of the stummel is so much easier than getting funk out of shanks and stems, especially on the screw tenon mid-century Americans that make up most of my daily smokers.

Reactions: AroEnglish