PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I have commissioned my first pipe with M Parks, largely because of his fine collabs with Les Wood and I just love his Canadians. I’ve commissioned a large Canadian with him inspired by his sandblasted Canadians he did with Les Wood and some of his other beautiful work. I have to wait a year before he can begin, I’d love to see any of his pipes, especially those not currently in his site Gallery. Please let me know if this is the wrong place for this post!

TIA,
Ben

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Parks is extremely talented. I have always wanted a pipe from him. Maybe one day? That would be nice.

Reactions: Ben.R.C

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This isn't mine, but a repair I did many years ago (it needed a new & larger diameter mortise & tenon).

It's one of Michael's very first pipes. Meaning literally. Probably among the first ten or so he ever made.

(Hardcore collectors who focus on specific carvers love having a "full spread" of their work. It's like owning a bootleg recording of the Beatles playing at the Indra Club in Hamburg.)

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 3.40.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 3.40.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 3.39.48 PM.png

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
This isn't mine, but a repair I did many years ago (it needed a new & larger diameter mortise & tenon).

It's one of Michael's very first pipes. Meaning literally. Probably among the first ten or so he ever made.

(Hardcore collectors who focus on specific carvers love having a "full spread" of their work. It's like owning a bootleg recording of the Beatles playing at the Indra Club in Hamburg.)

View attachment 218674
View attachment 218675
View attachment 218676
That’s too cool, thanks for posting that’

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Unfortunately, I sold my only Parks a few years ago. It was a six-and-a-half pipe with a half bent to it. Decent pipe but it was part of a club pipe order that Parks ended up changing the terms of sale on unilaterally. Shame he ended up showing that side of himself.

• Sad
Reactions: AroEnglish

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
Parks pipes are too rich for my blood!

Absolutely stunning work though.
About 4 - 5 years ago, his starting point was $500. It was really pushing it for me (especially once converted to CAD) but I sat on it.
Nowadays he starts at $1,000. I could beat myself for not seizing the moment back then.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Unfortunately, I sold my only Parks a few years ago. It was a six-and-a-half pipe with a half bent to it. Decent pipe but it was part of a club pipe order that Parks ended up changing the terms of sale on unilaterally. Shame he ended up showing that side of himself.
That's unfortunate. Was there an explanation as to why the change was made?

Reactions: kcghost

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Why did you get rid of it?

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Stories like that are why I won't buy from him, Todd Johnson, or Grant Batson. Luckily I've never seen any pipes from the three that made me rethink that decision.
Todd mentored a lot of guys I like, I do like some of his shapes but never owned one. Never owned Batson or Parks either. I was close to getting a Parks a while ago. Just trying to gather information before deciding,

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Can we take a peek? 😁
Exactly like this one. Never gets wet. Fine piece of engineering. I love really gnarly blasts and imho MP is right up there with the best.

Rhodesian499_1096_SB_1.jpg