PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
For me, what I found more interesting, are all these old posts from members.

Thousands of posts made by a member, then nothing, gone, poof, fell off the planet? 😮

Then some members, barely a few posts, people who also have quite a collection of Dunhills, also poof gone.

Sure, we get it, life, changes, blah blah blah, but around 95% are gone wow. 😮

Well, we’ll never really know the reasons why for some, of course, there are those here, many know that passed away. :(

But, for the others, hmm 🤔

@blackcaeser gets the Award of Least posts, only 2 wow, which is what I don’t get, show up and only make 2 posts. 😮

And then @forciori has an amazing collection, taking some seriously artistic photos on top of it, clearly a Pipe Smoker. And holy crap, what a collection and beautiful photos, and poof also gone. 🤔

forciori has an Instagram account Yang Forcióri (@forciori) and posted 6 days ago on Instagram. His Instagram doesn’t show much pipe activity, more cigars now. 🤔

I just read forciori was upset and wanted to close his account. I have no idea what happened, this was years ago, but a member felt offended and wanted to leave and he did.

Let’s all all please be kind, gentle with our words and respectful always, as we want to be spoken to and treated. ❤️

P.S. No I’m not a stalker, LOL 😝 just curious about all these lives that passed our way. ;)

Last edited:

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
The 848 ODA looks especially nice. The brindle stem w/blasted rim has me puzzled, though.

I thought the Cumberland model line always had a smooth rim. (unless that's just a trick of the light?)
They are marked Cumberland 6105 and 6101. They have blasted rims, indeed. But they are big, quite bigger than the Bruyere 6103. Maybe the 6105 would have been instead marked 848 ODA if it had a smooth rim? I don't know. But I never understood the relation between group and size in Dunhills. I'm really not a connoisseur, just a guy that buys the pipes he likes.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Been a while since I got a new (to me) Dunhill. This one grabbed my eye today and I couldnt help myself. Didn't need much in the way of cleanup.
It's a 1971/1972 Root Briar (745 F/T). Kind of a 1/8 bent tomato/teardrop/banker type thing. Some Danish cues perhaps - reminds me of a Holtorp I had once upon a time.
I'll probably pack it up tonight and see how she smokes.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
8912920238_4110f7b290_o.jpg

8700414618_ce0d188cc2_z.jpg

8394616125_8077fc4c0d_c.jpg

The stand and tamper are Dunhill as well...........
Just noticed this Fishnbanjo post from Page 1 - I have this exact same Dunhill stand. It's great for small pipes.

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Especially love that momma bear... Crag like a seashell. What's the nomenclature on that one?
Thanks. It's a Shilling which don't have shape or size designations,1998; other two are Cumberlands.

Last edited:
Reactions: EchoPlex