PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I was in Naples two years ago and visited Sisimbro to buy Cuban Cigars. I loved the shop and I have followed them on social media since. I recently fell in love with this house brand pipe in the Chiaia line. I love the color and have been reading up on the cumberland stem. It’s $90 whic didn’t seem bad, but shipping to the states is $44. Was curious if anyone has any experience with Sisimbro pipes and knows how this brand smokes.

IMG_0508.jpeg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I don't have any experience with the brand. I'm guessing it was made by one of the big factories in Italy. Something about the shaping reminds me of Molina pipes but obviously can't say for sure if it came out of that factory.

I know your pain, though. I've wanted a pipe from an Italian store before but balked due to what it would cost to ship it.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Their website has an explanation of the names, styles, and finishes but not name of manufacturer; there are several in the Naples area and Sisimbro seems to carry them all ... maybe email them and ask ... they might tell you.

Reactions: AreBee

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Well, when I went to the website earlier this week I entered my email in the shipping form to calculate the shipping costs and this morning I received an email from Anita at Sisimbro offering a one-time 20% discount code to offset the shipping costs. I bought the pipe!
Well that worked out nicely. Congrats!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Hope the pipe turns out ok, I’ve never heard of the site/brand before, and I do love Italian pipes.

I’d say, if you are going to be a regular here, show your love and support for our Italian Sponsors on PipesMagazine. ;)

Luca at Tabaccheria Corti is amazing! 👍 He personally drives all the time to Castello to hand pick out their pipes. :)

Enjoy that pipe! ❤️

• Love

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I also like pipes from Italy. The thing about Italy is they make many grades of most things. Right now the cheapest clothes you can get from weekend markets in the EU come from Italy, not China. Of course they also make high fashion. So just being from Italy is not enough.

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Hope the pipe turns out ok, I’ve never heard of the site/brand before, and I do love Italian pipes.

I’d say, if you are going to be a regular here, show your love and support for our Italian Sponsors on PipesMagazine. ;)

Luca at Tabaccheria Corti is amazing! 👍 He personally drives all the time to Castello to hand pick out their pipes. :)

Enjoy that pipe! ❤️
I will check them out for future purchases, thank you!

A bit of background about why I picked Sisimbro. I visited the shop (for cigars) in Naples a few years ago on a family trip to Italy. The owner was a wonderful lady and was very patient with a Yankee who didn't speak the language.

As I mentioned earlier, I have been following the shop on social media since I visited, and noticed the Vesuvio line a few months ago. It really struck home as my grandfather came to the States from Naples with the last name Somma. Mt. Vesuvius is part of Mt. Somma so it seemed very fitting that it would be my first Italian pipe.

According to DHL, the pipe is out for delivery, so I will report back later today. Thanks again!

Reactions: AroEnglish

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Sorry for the cross-post. I posted in the wrong thread earlier. The pipe arrived last night and I am very happy. Beautiful packaging down to the wax seal and handwritten thank you note. The pipe is beautiful and the construction seems great. No issues with stem fitment. It came in an orange leather zipper pouch with the shop logo on it. Fired up a short bowl of a custom blend at lunch and it smoked very well.IMG_2915.jpegIMG_2909.jpegIMG_2904.jpegIMG_2905.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish