PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Buckeyestime

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2023
Stuck between WI and IL
I keep the bulk of my tobacco bunker in my basement near the workout area. In between sets of weight lifting I will sometimes unscrew the top of my open jars (not those being aged long term) and take a whiff. Not the same as smoking a bowl, but as it’s 20 degrees outside, a quick sniff hits the spot.

Anyone else enjoy a sniff without intending to actually smoke a bowl?

Last edited by a moderator:

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I heard nicotine helps with workout. There were some fixed gear crit guys vaping through out their warmup. I prefer smoking my tobacco. Smelling them doesn't do it for me.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
As pipe smokers, I’m sure we all love the smells, and I certainly get it.

But, after placing the blends in mason jars, the only time I’m smelling it, after opening a fresh tin, is to ensure the tobacco is staying stored ok in the jars.

If you have some high quality blends in a jar, smoking occasionally, it’s not a good idea to alway open them, is the problem, but only to occasionally ensure they are ok, depending on ambient conditions.

I have several blends I smoke from mason jars, that have been in them several years, so I’m careful when I open them.

The one thing I do often, is carry around an empty pipe in my mouth when not smoking and sipping on it, you can actually get some tastes like this. :)

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Only when deciding what is next up or if I crack a tin to let it air out a bit. When it’s winter and inside I tend to go for the smell of things being cooked. Made a beef, brat, vegetable soup at lunchtime and it was great walking in the house after work and the soup having been in the oven for a few hours. I’m just not getting anything comparable from a tobacco tin or bag, but to each his or her own!