Smoke Air Purifiers

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Almost every cigar lounge that I have gone to has those large air purifiers strapped to the ceiling, and they do almost nothing. It is sometimes still hard to see the person setting next to you in these lounges. I often wonder why they waste their money trying like that. It would seem like an inline vent fan would be way better.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Almost every cigar lounge that I have gone to has those large air purifiers strapped to the ceiling, and they do almost nothing. It is sometimes still hard to see the person setting next to you in these lounges. I often wonder why they waste their money trying like that. It would seem like an inline vent fan would be way better.
Because the local governments insist the damn things it will work. They won't but what can you do.

I prefer to use an attic fan and installed in the nearest window and let it rip. You can get the ones that handle up 1500 CPM and life is good. Now it will suck out the heat during the winter and the cool in the summer but hey sacrifices must be made.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
My local cigar lounge, Executive, in Melbourne was in a tiny little spot for 14 or so years, smelled like it as well, they ended up moving a couple doors down, completely redid the inside of the new place, first class all the way, added liquor, the works, but the thing that impressed me the most was an 80,000 dollar hepa hospital rated air filtration system, you can have 100 people in there chain smoking cigars and barely a wiff of smoke. The owner is a friend and he was saying with liquor and wine he wanted to bring the female shoppers in (from the old town area) and he couldn't have the place stinking, pretty smart move as now he does a nice lunch time / shopping business and women don't mind going in with their bfs/husbands because it isn't all "gross".

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I do not understand the mentality of some smokers in that they want to smoke but, do not want the consequences, the reek, clothing singes and such. Actions have consequences. You've made the selfish choice to smoke so, you might as well selfishly embrace the reek. But, employees and shareholders the world over thank you for your many purchases of their products. Spend moneys on pipes, blends, odor eradicators and such! It's good for the economy I suppose.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I don’t think it’s unreasonable if it’s someone’s desire. That’s like saying if you go to the beach, the consequences should be sun burn. No hats, no umbrellas, no sun block. If you want the sun, you pay the price!

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
At first i figured this was just a cheap chinese knockoff, then i read or tried to read the reviews and i was sure of it LOL, ok chinese reviews aside it does have a lot of good verified reviews from people in the US. For 107 bucks and free no questions asked returns i'd just buy one and try it out for a couple days. It's not ventilation but again worth a try.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I do not understand the mentality of some smokers in that they want to smoke but, do not want the consequences, the reek, clothing singes and such. Actions have consequences. You've made the selfish choice to smoke so, you might as well selfishly embrace the reek. But, employees and shareholders the world over thank you for your many purchases of their products. Spend moneys on pipes, blends, odor eradicators and such! It's good for the economy I suppose.
Fair enough but for me, one aspect of pipe smoking I choose to avoid because I don’t care for it attaching the effects to my walls and carpets is generally in the house - I loved our girls loving their kittens they each got at age 5, and they were great cats, but when the house was finally rid of the accompanying odor I rejoiced! I’ll have the occasional bowl inside by the fire during the depths of winter but only occasional. The heated garage and a foldout comfy camp chair or the stool at the workbench is fine by me. Mostly, outdoors on the deck is where I enjoy the most.

Reactions: woodsroad

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Back when darkroom work was an essential part of my business, I’d have the occasional cigar while turning out prints for clients. The darkroom had very good ventilation in the form of an old clothes dryer exhaust fan, and nobody in the house ever knew.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Oh if it were only myself I would. But 2 main issues arise for me. First is my wife and family should not suffer from my choices, second is I prefer not to inhale smoke and so I am trying to minimize that negative. I am enjoying flavors and the hobby. The smoke itself is just a byproduct to me. I prefer smoking outside and since I live in Houston I am good outside from October - June But it’s miserably hot and humid June-Sept.

Reactions: monty55

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Oh if it were only myself I would. But 2 main issues arise for me. First is my wife and family should not suffer from my choices, second is I prefer not to inhale smoke and so I am trying to minimize that negative. I am enjoying flavors and the hobby. The smoke itself is just a byproduct to me. I prefer smoking outside and since I live in Houston I am good outside from October - June But it’s miserably hot and humid June-Sept.
Houston? Cowboy up and step outside. Watch a few pump jacks crank and enjoy a smoke.

Reactions: Old_Newby

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Probably lots of threads on this subject but wanted to ask those who are using an air purifier what is your opinion on the best on market today, or ones to avoid. I am looking to buy a good one for my garage work bench area for bad weather conditions.
I think if I were to try and get rid of the smoke over my work bench in the garage, I'd build some kind of vent hood over the work bench with ductwork that vented outside the garage. Perhaps with the vent fan placed closer to the exhaust exit in order to reduce noise. No filters to mess with, but more importantly it works ... by exhausting the smoke to the outside.

I feel your pain. I'm in Bryan, just north of Houston. It was 112 here Sunday. I refuse to do anything in the garage this summer.

Reactions: Old_Newby

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
I think if I were to try and get rid of the smoke over my work bench in the garage, I'd build some kind of vent hood over the work bench with ductwork that vented outside the garage. Perhaps with the vent fan placed closer to the exhaust exit in order to reduce noise. No filters to mess with, but more importantly it works ... by exhausting the smoke to the outside.

I feel your pain. I'm in Bryan, just north of Houston. It was 112 here Sunday. I refuse to do anything in the garage this summer.
This is a good idea. I may look into this as above my bench is attic space and near the outside wall. I think another person shared a vent used on dry vents that are too long which is much stronger than a bathroom vent.

Reactions: monty55