PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
It depends. All of my pipes have been smoked once. Then they were smoked twice, and then three times, and so on, and so on, many times over. It will always remain true to say they have been "smoked once" from the time I first smoked them until they cease to exist.

If you want to say it was "smoked ONLY once", then the maximum is... once.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I have bought pipes, decided I didn't like smoking them for whatever reason after smoking them once, and sold them as such, usually only taking a small monetary loss. I see that loss as a "trial" or "rental" fee. So yeah, it happens. I'm picky as hell, especially since I set a pipe quantity limit for myself - if I don't immediately become enamored with a new pipe, it's probably going to be sold as "Smoked Once."

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
I'm reminded of the tale about the little old lady from Pasadena (not the one in the Jan & Dean song) whose car was being sold by a used car dealer who advertised it as only being driven by the lady to church on Sundays, presumably after the odometer was turned back, which leads to the old adage, "buyer beware."

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
“Only driven once a week on Sundays by a little old lady”…

Caveat emptor my friend. I haven’t been doing pipes long, but if I were dropping money I’d be extensive in due diligence. At the price level I’m comfortable with, I either end up with a cool pipe after some resto work, or a lesson at a cost I was willing to lose. Luckily most have been the former.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I’ve got in a least a dozen Lee Three Star grade pipes that had been smoked less than half of a bowl.

You can see Dad by the Christmas tree, the wife and kiddies excited to see Daddy get his ten dollar pipe and a pound of Prince Albert!

Daddy puts down his package of Camels and lights up his Lee and that’s all, folks.;)