PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
Hey there pipe fans! Hope your extended weekend was great! Remember those that gave all. I lost an older brother to the so called police action in southeast Asia. RIP. Wish I could have gotten to know you better. Remember POW-MIA you are not forgotten. And there are those that came home and really didn't. Thanks to all who served and to those that gave their life so we could enjoy our hobby you are remembered.

On a brighter note boy I have to say my wife is great. As long as she's upwind and I'm smoking some of her favorite Sut black cordial just in case the wind changes a bit...she's a happy camper sitting with me on the back porch. Very understanding.

When she retired for the evening, I grabbed some Pegasus and a finger of Maryland rye and enjoyed the tree frogs song. I dedicated my smoke to the heroes.

All and all a great end to a holiday weekend which showed me just about the best weather it could.

Hope you all had a great one.

Last edited by a moderator:

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
View attachment 224962
My wife and I celebrating Memorial day in DC yesterday.
I’m pretty sure I spoke to you yesterday on Pennsylvania Ave. I was sitting outside my hotel with my wife and my pipe and you had just come from Georgetown Tobacco. I wish I had invited you and your wife to join us for a drink.
I stopped by Georgetown Tobacco today myself.
IMG_7791.jpeg

BriarsAndBottles

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2022
Hercules, California
Hey there pipe fans! Hope your extended weekend was great! Remember those that gave all. I lost an older brother to the so called police action in southeast Asia. RIP. Wish I could have gotten to know you better. Remember POW-MIA you are not forgotten. And there are those that came home and really didn't. Thanks to all who served and to those that gave their life so we could enjoy our hobby you are remembered.

On a brighter note boy I have to say my wife is great. As long as she's upwind and I'm smoking some of her favorite Sut black cordial just in case the wind changes a bit...she's a happy camper sitting with me on the back porch. Very understanding.

When she retired for the evening, I grabbed some Pegasus and a finger of Maryland rye and enjoyed the tree frogs song. I dedicated my smoke to the heroes.

All and all a great end to a holiday weekend which showed me just about the best weather it could.

Hope you all had a great one.
Just when when I thought I was an American whiskey aficionado, I had to look up Maryland Rye. Worse yet, now I gotta go buy some!

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I’m pretty sure I spoke to you yesterday on Pennsylvania Ave. I was sitting outside my hotel with my wife and my pipe and you had just come from Georgetown Tobacco. I wish I had invited you and your wife to join us for a drink.
I stopped by Georgetown Tobacco today myself.
View attachment 225087
Oh, that's hilarious! I guess seeing another pipe smoker on the street is rare enough that I really ought to start automatically asking "what's your pipesmagazine handle?"

My wife wants to know what was the pipe you were smoking when we passed by? Strong horizontal ring-like elements.

I wish you had asked us to stop also. The flight home we were rushing to the train to catch was delayed 3 hours!

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Oh, that's hilarious! I guess seeing another pipe smoker on the street is rare enough that I really ought to start automatically asking "what's your pipesmagazine handle?"

My wife wants to know what was the pipe you were smoking when we passed by? Strong horizontal ring-like elements.

I wish you had asked us to stop also. The flight home we were rushing to the train to catch was delayed 3 hours!
IMG_7786.jpeg
Sorry to hear your flight was delayed- that sucks.
The pipe was probably this Ardor Alveare or Beehive.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
My wife sits with me for my last bowl of the day, every single night. Sometimes she'll even join me for my first bowl at 430am.
Nothing beats sitting with my best friend, enjoying my pipe and conversating without any distractions. Now if i can get her go just smoke one.
My kids have started sitting with me on the weekends, asking me all sorts of pipe questions. That's been a fun experience.

Good for you man. I consider that a form of wealth that money could never buy. I don't know what I'd do if my wife hated my pipe smoking.

IAMLEGEND1204

Lurker
Apr 5, 2023
Tacoma, Washington
My wife will not smoke with me...will not smoke cigars, will not smoke a pipe, and will not entertain a cigarette. And, I must confess, that my male chauvinistic nature is okay with that. I am encouraged that my wife and my daughters really like it when I do smoke a pipe around them. My wife purrs to me that a pipe raises my manly profile. My daughters love the scent, both aromatics and non-aromatics. *sigh.