PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bearwolf56

Might Stick Around
Mar 16, 2013
Burlington, North Carolina
Being an x-cigarette smoker, I was accustomed to having a nicotine hit first thing in the morning. I know there are other and better ways to get your nicotine fix, but for me, nothing beats that slow relaxed feeling I get from a pipe. Might sound odd to want to start your day that way, but since I retired and don't have to rush out the door in the morning, I have the luxury to be able to ease into my day. So, I start off with a pipe and cup of coffee not long after I get up and feed the cats. I don't have a particular blend that I smoke, but it's usually a burly blend like Carter Hall or Prince Albert. I'm sure there are others that smoke a pipe at least partially for the nicotine. When do you smoke your first bowl, and what do you usually smoke? This question is mainly for those who smoke a pipe as much for the nicotine as for the taste and probably smoke a pipe all day.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
it's rarely within the firs 15-20 minutes of being up, but my days never truly start until I've had a pipe and coffee.

During the work week I typically begin with a flake. C&D Steamworks has become my most often chosen starter. If not that, another Virginia flake is the go-to.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I don’t get to smoke all day, but I light a pipe on my way out to the car every morning - it’s almost always Dark Plug.
I never get to finish the bowl on my leisurely 30 minute drive to work, but it’s enough to chase the snakes away.

Bright Orange Red

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2024
Colorado, USA
Monday through Friday I often don't smoke my first bowl until 4 pm or later, but I use snus throughout the workday. It used to be cigarrettes first thing every day no matter what, but I kicked the cigs. Weekends I smoke a pipe within an hour of waking up. I don't have a usual blend for my first smoke of the day, I pick whatever jumps out at me.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I don't smoke too often during the week, during the morning. I will sometimes in the afternoon. If I do, it'll usually be BCA or Chatham Manor, something I don't have to think or worry about. I mostly only smoke during the nights during the week and when I do, (during the winter), depending on mood and time, it'll be Quiet Nights, Pirate Kake or PPSR.

When I do smoke in the mornings, usually on the weekends, I'll usually smoke Chelsea Morning or lately, Cowboy Coffee and PH Dark Strong Flake.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
How do you guys deal with the toothpaste taste affecting the smoke? I obviously brush my teeth before taking off but then have to wait like an hour before the toothpaste taste goes away.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
On the few and far between days I have the luxury of even having that option, I usually have a cup of coffee and a small bite, then a pipe with cup number 2.

In a perfect world, it would be cup 1 with a croissant, danish, coffee cake, etc. and cup 2 with a pipe.

In the real world it’s usually the remnants of cup 1 in the car, while driving in the dark and freezing my balls off after dropping the kids off at pre-school.