Smoking in my Bedroom with a Blueair Purifier?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeWI

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2023
Somerset WI
I miss the old days when there was a residual tobacco scent just about everywhere. Seemed like it was just ignored by everyone. A non-smoker's house certainly smelled different to me as a child. It was often weird, as though you could smell other dominant odors, like people's bodies or soap smells coming from the bathroom. Someone light a cigar, quick! was my thinking. But I was a depraved child, apparently born with a latent nicotine/tobacco lust.
That's how my house smells now. If people don't like it, they don't have to visit.

Reactions: burleybreath

Sacred_summit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
Wow thank you for the info about that spray, I will have to get some from Amazon.
I've been thinking (When I was outside for my last pipe smoke) Old Dominion flake, my god is it ever good! Not sure what type of tobacco it is, it's dark brown. I'm being sidetracked here...
I was thinking about my air purifier and the window in my bedroom.
I only have one window that opens, the air purifier sucks air in from the sides and blasts it hard out of the top, like a volcano so to speak. Because it is pushing the air upwards with force, is it pushing all of the purified air straight out of the window? Or is the sucking mechanism pulling fresh air in from outside?
It feels to me like the sucking mechanism is not nearly as strong as the pushing force coming from the top of the purifier. This leads me to believe that It's actually creating a vacuum where it is pushing purified air out through my window which isn't actually filtering and clearing the smoke as effectively. Vs, if the window was closed it would circulate clean purified air around my room very quickly while filtering my pipe smoke.
If it's bringing air in from outside then that maybe a benefit, otherwise I'm actually thinking that it may be more effective to leave my window closed when I'm smoking next to the air purifier. Any thoughts?

Reactions: AroEnglish