PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I just picked up a couple these. They're GREAT! I'm going to use them on all of my pipes.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I've been toying with whether or not I wanted to get these for a good while now. I do tend to clench more often than not, but I do try to keep the clenching on the light side so I don't get stem chatter. I like the tubing idea, too. That could be a good way to mark specific pipes to a blend or a day of the week for those who do steady rotations.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
this might be a dumb question but when yo use the heat shrink tubing do you heat shrink it? i mean very lightly with a bic lighter or something? or just slip it on?

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I use the rubber softy bit protectors. Get them from smokingpipes. Its a pain to clean the vulcanite stems on my Dunhills as they are always turning green on me. And these things prevent that to some extent. Although when I don't use a softy I feel more in tune with the pipe and seem to enjoy the smoke differently (sometimes better dare I say) than when using them. Kind of like sex...to where a hoody or not. That's the question. Both work and both get the job done!

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
I use the exact same ones, from the same seller.
They are okay, but tend to split after awhile....no biggie, just get more.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Back In this post I said I'll order some of those clear ones from china, well they came in and their too big for any of my pipes, and I have some wide stems.... So stay away from those clear ones

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
'Kind of like sex...to where a hoody or not. That's the question. Both work and both get the job done!'

Depends on how you feel about the relationship with what or who. :wink:

I too have been thinking of using these tubings/softies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Back In this post I said I'll order some of those clear ones from china, well they came in and their too big for any of my pipes, and I have some wide stems.... So stay away from those clear ones
Have you tried using a lighter to try to heat it up around the pipe? Idk if that would work. I know this is an old thread but I hope you are still around.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Here is a great video where the guy reviews different types of softy bits. It is especially useful if you are looking to purchase softy bits and want to know the difference between the different ones offered.
http://youtu.be/AwbSm5jHwG4

Status
Not open for further replies.