PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
I remember this show from the fifties and I was surprised and pleased to find both seasons on Youtube. I was 7 or 8 when it aired and it was a favorite of mine and my friends. We decided we'd be soldiers of fortune too when we grew up and travel the globe leading safaris, finding treasure, rescuing women from evil witch doctors, and dodging the dreaded quicksand. Life didn't quite work out that way but I did take up pipe smoking like the lead character, Tim Kelly, played by John Russell You might recognize him as the villain in some of Clint Eastwood's westerns and Rio Bravo. His partner was Toubo Smith played by Chick Chandler. Tim always breaks pout his pipe while sitting around the campfire.

When I explained to my wife that the major cultural influences on me while growing up were Tarzan movies, The Three Stooges, Our Gang, and Chiller Theater she nodded and said " Well, that explains a lot." Very true.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
"
"Lawman" was another good one with Mr. Russell.

A lot of westerns from those days are on MeTv. "Yancy Derringer" can be found streaming.

I just wish they'd find some "Ramar Of The Jungle" re-runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.