Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
That is what we need to see a picture of.....wow

needpics1.gif

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
My goodness,what a lovely morning this September 16. Absolutely just lovely out. Okay,lets start the day out with a question.Who has some good news too keep our spirits up and motivated?

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have some good news: I recently posted to the perfect smoke thread about a perfect smoke involving the ever finickey Escudo and a Stanwell bulldog. The one thing I did differently was the tobacco prep. I have tried every packing method out there in an attempt to get consistent good results from Escudo because when it does behave it is truely an enjoyable tobacco experience bordering on the sublime. For that perfect Escudo smoke I tried something new which is to cut the coins into roughly 1/4" x 1/4" flakes with scissors. I gravity fed the bowl and applied just a bit of pressure with a tamper to allow the little flakes room to expand. I have tested this now in not only the Stanwell bulldog, but also 2 bowls in a Lasse Skovgaard apple, and a bowl each from a Stanwell Zebrano Dublin and Bjarne Viking apple with consistently good results. After a 13 year on again off again relationship with Escudo, I do believe I have discovered the method by which I might coax from her her sweet potato pie, dates, figs, yeasty bread and fresh cut hay and timothy secrets...OH HAPPY DAY ! ! !

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Ernest, the good news is that we are still above ground and able to enjoy this

most excellent pursuit of Pipe smoking. Lately, I've been unable to leave the

house but today it looks like I'll be able to get to the B&M for a smoke and a

chat. Life is good.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here's more good news that pipe smoking is on the rise reported from the other side of the country, in Portland Maine, from DAD's Cigar Parlor & Tobacco Shoppe.
pipe-smoking-rise.jpg

That excerpt is from this article:

http://www.pressherald.com/business/shoptalk_2010-09-16.html

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Excellent comments.Very good news.---KEVIN,that picture of the smoking room looks like it was filled with good old stories.Id like to have been a fly on that wall.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Phil, that's good news about the Escudo. I've never had a sub-par bowl of Escudo, but I'm gonna try what you did.

Who knows? This could be big...
Lemme get this right: you just scissor-cut the coins into ¼ x ¼" pieces and dump them in the bowl?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I love Escudo Navy De Luxe.... It's 5 out of 5 stars in my book. However rather than cut it up I tear it into quit small pieces, almost to the consistency of Half and Half. I do the same for PS Luxury Bullseye Flake. Both do very nicely when "rubbed out" in that manner, for me.
Sorry for getting off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.