PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Well, I knew it would happen one day. The last thing I remember is taking an Ambien before bed and thinking I needed to replenish my stash of 1-Q.
Oh, I got my 1-Q, alright.
When I got my notice today that my order had shipped, I also got some Altadis Creme Brulee, a tin of Magnum Opus and THIS
This will be my first new pipe (besides cobs) I have ever bought. I wish I remembered buying it.
Note to others: If you take Ambien as a sleep aid, do NOT drink alcohol with it and do NOT leave your computer up. I didn't get in the doghouse with the wife. She thought it was hysterical (probably not as funny if it had been one of the $200 pipes) and apparently I have pretty good taste when I'm asleep. I like the look of the pipe and all the baccys I bought were ones I liked.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Ambien is great for sleeping. Not so great when you DON'T sleep. Use with caution. :lol:
Good gets! I like my 'old' Wellington and yours should be an excellent pipe also...
-Jason

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I may have to change some things about my pre going-to-bed ritual. I have to take sleeping pills because I'm used to having to stay awake all night. Now I work a mid shift and it's got me all bonkers.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Sorry to hear about your sleep problems Baron, I'm struggling with them myself. Its lead me to buy nutty cut and a new corn cob, but neither of those are bad.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Thanks, man. I've always been a night person and now I'm caught somewhere in the middle. I guess it's a better "morning after ambien" than when I drank most of a bottle of absinthe and my wife found me in the front yard in my bathrobe staring into the sky, glass still in hand. She still laughs at me about that one. I was sick as hell the next day.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'd be careful to not have any discussions about bank accounts, life insurance policies, off-shore bank accounts after taking Ambien. I've had more than one conversation with my wife that she has no memory of... Ambien Amnesia.
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I also got some Altadis Creme Brulee, a tin of Magnum Opus and THIS
:rofl:

Sorry Baron, I was expecting 10 pounds of 1Q..... Then POOF! The pipe.... LOL! That put me on the floor.

Glad your SWMBO is alright with it.

Be careful my friend.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm curious also since my WDC Wellington is a great smoker (it utilizes a "system"-type chamber for the condensation to pool it which results in a dryer smoke) and the only reason I don't smoke it more often is because I don't usually have 2+ hours to spend smoking that beast, otherwise it's a great pipe. So let us know how it is!
-Jason

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Paul be sure to get it recorded! :rofl:

Lawrence, I did get 6oz of 1-Q bit that was the only part I actually planned.

I'm smoking the pipe in the O Club with some as I type. I LOVE it! It's a smart looking pipe with a good sized bowl. Bit design is similar to a p-lip but I can clench it OK. It doesn't direct the smoke up like a real p-lip, though. Once I add the shrink tubing it will be perfect. Guess I'm taking the right drugs!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I packed it about half full and was able to smoke for about 45 minutes last night. Foe a medium sized pipe, the bowl is pretty generous. It's going to end up being a dedicated pipe, I think. If it smokes aros well, I may go that direction. It did well with 1-Q but I'm going to see how 7 Seas Royal and Creme Brulee smoke in it. Otherwise I'm thinking of making it my Black House pipe.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
That's true. Maybe I'll save that for the new Meer I'm planning on buying or my Uncle Arthur that is hopefully still under way.

Status
Not open for further replies.