Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
I will be taking a trip to Paris and Italy. I plan on buying a souvenir pipe in each country. My plan is as follows:

Paris: Buying a Chacom from A la Civette.

Rome: Buying a Castello from Novelli

I will be going to Venice and Florence as well, but don't plan on buying from these locations as Rome seems like a better option. I don't want to miss out on an opportunity, so I am reaching out before my trip to get advice. Thank you in advance.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I will be taking a trip to Paris and Italy. I plan on buying a souvenir pipe in each country. My plan is as follows:

I will be going to Venice and Florence as well, but don't plan on buying from these locations as Rome seems like a better option. I don't want to miss out on an opportunity, so I am reaching out before my trip to get advice. Thank you in advance.
Novelli seems like a cool shop. I wanted to buy a pipe from them online but decided on a completely different pipe from another shop. I'd love to visit it if I ever make it to Rome.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
If you are going their way, you might want to check out;

If you make it to Tabaccheria Corti please take pics, so we can see the shop, and tell Luca hi!

Have fun! :)

Wet Dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2023
Littleton, CO
I think that I can get the VAT tax back at the airport, but then have to pay the taxes on the US side. Not sure if I come out better, but I think that Uncle Sam will get his due.😞
Yes, you can get part of the VAT at the airport. Make sure you have the pipes with you, sometimes they ask to see the product, others not. Unless you declare them upon entry, you won't have to pay any tax in the US. Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I think that I can get the VAT tax back at the airport, but then have to pay the taxes on the US side. Not sure if I come out better, but I think that Uncle Sam will get his due.😞
I travel Europe on a regular basis, I buy pipes there all the time. I've never paid a dime for em coming back into the country. So unless you plan to claim em on your tax return your fine.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
If you are going their way, you might want to check out;

If you make it to Tabaccheria Corti please take pics, so we can see the shop, and tell Luca hi!

Have fun! :)
I just like that they sell little cowboy and indian figures lol

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

Barontini is in Lovorno, Tuscany. They carve Stanwell and some Vauen pipes too. Lovorno appears left of Florence but I have no idea how far. I like all three of my Barontini pipes. Hand Made family owned. For some reason their website doesn't come up on google right now. Maybe they are too busy making pipes for others.

Reactions: Doctor Chopper