PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I saw a 750 mL bottle of brandy for $14.49 this morning at one of my local liquor stores. For $40, plus tax, and shipping and handling...I'll just go buy 3 to 4 bottles of brandy and take a shot before each puff of my regular Plum Pudding. $40🤣🤣🤣Screenshot_20221130-130241~2.png

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Passed. I’m sitting on 2-3 lbs of regular plum pudding, a few tins of the special reserve, 3 of the bourbon barrel aged and another 5 of the special reserve flake.

I am however looking forward to Sutliff Cringle Flake. Have never bought any and this will be the first year I will.

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
Weird to read these comments. It's a 4oz tin. All the SPC Plum Pudding 4oz tins run in the mid $30's. It was like two dollars more for this one--and it's an extremely small release with cognac. I sure purchased one--and now they're all sold out.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Weird to read these comments. It's a 4oz tin. All the SPC Plum Pudding 4oz tins run in the mid $30's.
No way I'm paying $8.85/ounce for tobacco. Even McClelland and GH blends only ever got me to pay $5/ounce. The limited release makes it even less appealing.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Mississippi River in bulk?? Thats one of my favorite blends. Wish it was still sold like that.
IIRC, all of their blends up until around 2017 were available in bulk. Even their 8 ounce tins could be found on sale at P&C back then for around $20.

Reactions: eljimmy

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
No way I'm paying $8.85/ounce for tobacco. Even McClelland and GH blends only ever got me to pay $5/ounce. The limited release makes it even less appealing.
Where I live (Tennessee) most tins are $16-20. And those are 2oz tins. So $8-10 per ounce is kind of the norm. Just seems bizarre to me with "limited" and "special" releases dropping from C&D regularly that a lot of people picked THIS tobacco to start declaring that $8-10 an ounce is expensive when it's sort of the norm in most B&M's.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Where I live (Tennessee) most tins are $16-20. And those are 2oz tins. So $8-10 per ounce is kind of the norm. Just seems bizarre to me with "limited" and "special" releases dropping from C&D regularly that a lot of people picked THIS tobacco to start declaring that $8-10 an ounce is expensive when it's sort of the norm in most B&M's.
I won't touch B&Ms. 10 years ago a 100g Mac Baren tin was $28 at local ones, I'd be afraid to look now. Being manufactured by Sutliff it wouldn't surprise me if SPC blends are being sold as bulk under a different name like the Hearth and Home ones are. The C&D small batch blends really don't strike much of a chord with me either.