Still More Swan Neck Action --- New Stem for Barclay-Rex "LC" (a biggie)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The stummel hasn't been cleaned up yet (makes more sense to do it after all the shop handling that stem-making requires), but I wanted to get the pix posted so the owner could see 'em before the weekend.

This one's a full-size curved airway LC... as large as any Dunhill ever made. 2" deep chamber, length 7.5", etc. A lovely handful it is, too.

Found stemless, same as the smaller one I posted last week. From drawer clutter---not heavy enough to even be a paperweight---to fully functional pipe royalty. a.k.a Back from the dead. (Damn, I love that feeling. :) )

Also satisfying because the stem alone is almost the size of a regular pipe---4.5" long---and carving and bending biggies like this takes a number of tricks to pull off. (Difficulty increases dramatically with size.) Being 114 years old it makes me smile to know I can still git 'er done.

P1070113.jpg
P1070116.jpg
P1070118.jpg
P1070119.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The stummel hasn't been cleaned up yet (makes more sense to do it after all the shop handling that stem-making requires), but I wanted to get the pix posted so the owner could see 'em before the weekend.

This one's a full-size curved airway LC... as large as any Dunhill ever made. 2" deep chamber, length 7.5", etc. A lovely handful it is, too.

Found stemless, same as the smaller one I posted last week. From drawer clutter---not heavy enough to even be a paperweight---to fully functional pipe royalty. a.k.a Back from the dead. (Damn, I love that feeling. :) )

Also satisfying because the stem alone is almost the size of a regular pipe---4.5" long---and carving and bending biggies like this takes a number of tricks to pull off. (Difficulty increases dramatically with size.) Being 114 years old it makes me smile to know I can still git 'er done.

View attachment 307670
View attachment 307671
View attachment 307672
View attachment 307673
As always, George, fabulous work!