Stop Me Before I Kill ... i Mean Buy Again.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Celebrating the new job, yah that's the ticket!
Took awhile for me to figure out that i prefer Meer over all other pipes, after collecting 100 or so briar pipes, but better late than never!
I made a deal with the seller for the 2 pete's and picked up the late 1800s Cutty from someone that posts here, actually have bought a few pipes on flea bay from him. Now I need to slow it down a bit or a lot ... that's 9 Meer in the last 10 days :( lol

s-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600-4.jpg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Nice score!
Why slow down now you’ve got some good momentum 😝
I blame the first rusticated Pete i got last week or so ago, love how it smokes (still hate the P-lip) then the Barling rusticated, love how it smokes and love the stem, then a SMS and then something else and then one that i put in and offer that i never thought would get accepted and it was then another "el cheapo" large bowled meer that i put an offer in on and it got accepted that i plan on giving away, it was cheap and nice and cheap and thought it would be a good first meer for someone, then the cutty.

i have been drooling over the 2 petes but way too expensive so i messaged the seller and got a deal, he has 2 more of their meer an all black and a smooth but no way i could afford all 4! So there you go!

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Celebrating the new job, yah that's the ticket!
Took awhile for me to figure out that i prefer Meer over all other pipes, after collecting 100 or so briar pipes, but better late than never!
I made a deal with the seller for the 2 pete's and picked up the late 1800s Cutty from someone that posts here, actually have bought a few pipes on flea bay from him. Now I need to slow it down a bit or a lot ... that's 9 Meer in the last 10 days :( lol

View attachment 308532View attachment 308533View attachment 308534View attachment 308535View attachment 308536
Well done and nice haul! The only remedy is to keep buying! 🤣

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
So it's almost been a full day. What's the pipe u bought after those ones? Don't hold out on us, we dont judge.

Well technically I bought 3 yesterday and it hasn't been 24 hours yet.
that is some cool shape the one on the top puffy puffy puffy
View attachment 308670
Really just like their meers, and did grab one of those shown, they don't have many of their meer shapes there.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Here are the other two, hoping they sell soon. Someone can do me a favor and go buy them for yourself! Many pete's meers but shipping from the UK and im not up to risking it.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

Reactions: keith929

ItsKarl

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2024
Norway
Just take heart knowing there are more expensive hobbies out there. Compared to them, you are positively frugal 😊

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
If you want to slow down, just tell your wife what you've been spending. puffy
The ex wife already got all of my money and stock because i was a nice guy, she should burn
Just take heart knowing there are more expensive hobbies out there. Compared to them, you are positively frugal 😊
Oh ive bought my boxes of vintage cubans that were 1000s of dollars, this is nothing, well now that im poor it's something lol

ItsKarl

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2024
Norway
The ex wife already got all of my money and stock because i was a nice guy, she should burn
Next time you think about marrying, just send your money to me instead. I promise to squander your hard earned cash more sensibly.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I saw those and am glad to know they ended up here! Are the Petes true army mounts or do they have the straight push tenon inserts in the mortise?

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I "believe" they are army mounts, either way im happy.
And yes i put in an offer for the other two because im fucking weak.
Nice haul!

On those 1970's Pete meers, it's normally a vulcanite (or something that looks like vulcanite) lining inside the shank, that a tenon sticks into, for a nice tight fit that ensures the meerschaum doesn't crack.

Reactions: AJL67