PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Talon

Might Stick Around
Nov 7, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Enjoying some Briar works Back down south in my macqueen pipe. I rarely smoke this pipe but tonight seemed like the perfect evening. I enjoy the tobacco as well despite its mixed reviews. Anyone else enjoying their summer (EDIT: Spring) evening smokes? Would love to see some pictures and thoughts! I carved this wizard tamper myself from a piece of maple. It's not that great haha! It feels super  right sitting in the grass against a tree listening to the world go by with a pipe.

20230511_191511.jpg

Attachments

• 20230511_191958.jpg
    20230511_191958.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Talon

Might Stick Around
Nov 7, 2021
Ontario, Canada
About to enjoy a favorite warm weather blend, Ashton Gold Rush in my Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 bent pot, but seeing as summer is still more than a month away, it's technically not a summer smoke. But pipe smoking and hair splitting aren't mutually inclusive activities anyway... 😁

View attachment 221144
Lol fair enough! I should definitely change it to spring evenings! Feels like summer here in Canada !

Reactions: Servant King

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
Enjoying some Briar works Back down south in my macqueen pipe
I had a MacQueen pipe for a while. It was the Necromancer model. It smoked great but was just a bit awkward since it was so big. An advantage I found that the long stem offers is that it smokes very cool, and I seemed to be able to really taste the tobacco flavors better with the bowl being so far away. It was a way different smoking experience than a regular pipe. I ended up trading it for something else. Was fun while it lasted.

Talon

Might Stick Around
Nov 7, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I had a MacQueen pipe for a while. It was the Necromancer model. It smoked great but was just a bit awkward since it was so big. An advantage I found that the long stem offers is that it smokes very cool, and I seemed to be able to really taste the tobacco flavors better with the bowl being so far away. It was a way different smoking experience than a regular pipe. I ended up trading it for something else. Was fun while it lasted.

Nice! I agree these pipes are cool for a sort of unique novelty smoke. They aren't very practical but they do scratch a strange itch every once and while.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I'm an outdoor pipe smoker. And especially so during the evening time, when I get back home after work, best part of the day.
When I sit back in my smoking chair and fire up a bowl, I get that immense feeling of relaxation.
puffy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Enjoying some Briar works Back down south in my macqueen pipe. I rarely smoke this pipe but tonight seemed like the perfect evening. I enjoy the tobacco as well despite its mixed reviews. Anyone else enjoying their summer (EDIT: Spring) evening smokes? Would love to see some pictures and thoughts! I carved this wizard tamper myself from a piece of maple. It's not that great haha! It feels super  right sitting in the grass against a tree listening to the world go by with a pipe.

View attachment 221141
the tamper looks like he's begging to be put down permanently. That blend isn't bad but just not good enough to buy more. If you gave me a tin I'd certainly smoke it.