48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I guess it’s secret enough that I didn’t know about it. That’s why asked…
Sorry, my reply came off jerkier than it needed to. Ernie has commented here and there that as leaf selection has dried up, more “doctoring” has been needed to achieve the flavors you used to get with particular tobaccos. Red Virginias are a prime example. Simply Red is not explicitly a clone of McClelland’s red Virginias, but takes some inspiration from them, and that sweetness and tanginess needs to be added to the leaf you can get, somehow. Hope that helps.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
No pic, but like some above, I decided to try that London Burley blend that I missed / passed on before. And I've got a couple of items I've tried and wanted to have a wee bit extra of... including some Pipe Force and Temple Bar - which was a single tin order that I realized I'd want more of after trying it.

I've mistakenly stated that "all" of my blends have siblings in storage, but after a careful review of my purchase history on my favored site - I realized I had about 15 months or so where I ordered quite a few singles to get my shelves full and have variety to choose from. It's all good, none are difficult to get at this time.

Akoni808

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2022
O’ahu, Hawai’i
Pretty good size box shows up today, with Amazon tape wrapped around it, which of course I thought it was from Amazon.

HOLY CRAP, a nice gift from @Akoni808 my island neighbor! ❤️ 🤙

View attachment 301877
What’s not pictured here is the box @PipeIT sent me last week!
He sent; two unopened Mylars of 2022 KBV Sakura, 2022 SG Golden Glow, G.L. PEASE Telegraph Hill, and Former's Cross grain flake.
Mahalo nui loa @PipeIT you're far too generous!!

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
UK
A second batch in recent days. This from Germany, and no "extras" charged (into UK) so feeling lucky!!
C & D Autumn Evening which I hear is lovely and I've never tried any C&D tobaccos so excited for that. 7 Seas original and Cellini we can't get in the UK anymore so i thought I'd grab some. I've never tried 7 seas Gold and Royal, and they were a bit of an impulse buy.
Pleased with my small haul (i don't get to smoke that often) especially the price and lack of govt charged "extras"

Attachments

• PXL_20240416_151109952.jpg
    PXL_20240416_151109952.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: