Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
A sad tale of woe ordering from Esterval's... US customs rejected the package and sent it back to them. Decided not to try again so after return shipping charges and restocking fee, I'm out $105 and no HU in my cellar. :confused:
Scott, that’s a sad tale for sure. Haven’t ordered from them for about 3 years now. Was planning on grabbing some things in the Fall. Hopefully this was just a one off situation. 🙏☕

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
A sad tale of woe ordering from Esterval's... US customs rejected the package and sent it back to them. Decided not to try again so after return shipping charges and restocking fee, I'm out $105 and no HU in my cellar. :confused:
I haven't tried to reorder since this happened to me last month.
Couple questions..

What city did it land in, here?
Did DHL send you an email regarding the specifics/ or ask you for further information as if you're a wholesale importer?

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Couple questions..

Did DHL send you an email regarding the specifics/ or ask you for further information as if you're a wholesale importer?
@bluegrassbrian Came into US at Cincinnati, OH Hub. Waited there. No contact to me. DHL updates were as follows (a day or so between each message):
  • Arrived at DHL Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA
  • Shipment is on hold
  • Customs clearance status updated. Note - The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination.
  • Clearance event
  • Customs clearance status updated. Note - The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination.
  • Clearance event
  • Returned to shipper

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Yeah Cincy got me too.

Something is fishy.

Am I misinformed? I'm not aware of DHL imposing any restrictions on shipping tobacco, at least not officially.
There isn't any federal/US customs restrictions on importing tobacco products that I'm aware of.

Leomania

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2023
Tokyo, Japan
I just received my package from Estervals. It took roughly 3 weeks from Germany to Japan with regular DHL. All of these blends are new to me besides Capstan Blue.

The contents:

1 x Makhuwa (100g)
1 x Ascanian No.2 (50g)
1 x Janneman Flake (100g)
4 x Capstan Flake (50g)
1 x Director’s Cut (100g)
1 x Louisiana Broken Flake (100g)
1 x Dockworker (50g)
1 x Tillerman (50g)
1 x Haymaker (50g)
1 x Hamborger Veermaster (50g)
1 x Kriswill Flake - Navy cut (50g)
1 x Bjarne Flake de Luxe (50g)
1 x St Bernard Flake (250g)
3 x Salty Dogs (50g)

E01089AA-DB64-42C9-9CAF-1AE3C9F8322F.jpeg

Last edited:

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
That sucks.
Couple questions..

Better you then me.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I just received my package from Estervals. It took roughly 3 weeks from Germany to Japan with regular DHL. All of these blends are new to me besides Capstan Blue.

The contents:

1 x Makhuwa (100g)
1 x Ascanian No.2 (50g)
1 x Janneman Flake (100g)
4 x Capstan Flake (50g)
1 x Director’s Cut (100g)
1 x Louisiana Broken Flake (100g)
1 x Dockworker (50g)
1 x Tillerman (50g)
1 x Haymaker (50g)
1 x Hamborger Veermaster (50g)
1 x Kriswill Flake - Navy cut (50g)