PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Ive found myself coughing a little. First I was smoking a few cigarettes a day for a few weeks until I tossed that aside so there is taht clean out happening. I also found myself clenching when surfing on the computer and gaming. It all added up to hours on a pipe even if it was broken up by time in between puffs. I think while clenching I ended up inhaling small amounts of smoke I would not have if normally smoking.

I guess Im lucky that my body wont leave me alone to develop extreme habits. So instead, I cleaned and polished pipes. I miss it but not enough to hack all day. Moderation is hard when you have new tobab acquisitions to sample! I guess I cant try them all at once!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I find it hard to smoke while I'm gaming. My intensity (depending on the game) will have me freight training the pipe because I'm not paying too close attention to it. I try to only smoke when I have the time to sit back and relax. And when I can't, I try to make a strong effort to pay more attention to the pipe.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
I find it hard to smoke while I'm gaming. My intensity (depending on the game) will have me freight training the pipe because I'm not paying too close attention to it. I try to only smoke when I have the time to sit back and relax. And when I can't, I try to make a strong effort to pay more attention to the pipe.
Yeah its gotta be a chill ass game or im puffing like crazy. What you playing?

@OP its good to take breaks especially if concerned about your health.

Warlee

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
Yes listen to your body. If you smoke indoors you are probably breathing in a fair amount of smoke, especially if there isn’t substantial ventilation.

I smoke while playing piano. It leads to quite a few relights haha.

Santiago

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2023
Finland
Ive found myself coughing a little. First I was smoking a few cigarettes a day for a few weeks until I tossed that aside so there is taht clean out happening. I also found myself clenching when surfing on the computer and gaming. It all added up to hours on a pipe even if it was broken up by time in between puffs. I think while clenching I ended up inhaling small amounts of smoke I would not have if normally smoking.

I guess Im lucky that my body wont leave me alone to develop extreme habits. So instead, I cleaned and polished pipes. I miss it but not enough to hack all day. Moderation is hard when you have new tobab acquisitions to sample! I guess I cant try them all at once!
Luckily pipe tobacco ages well so there is no rush. I've read about delayed gratification technique (ie. smoking the pipe a little and then leaving the rest for later) and tried it and found it great so I would honestly try that every now and then.
Yeah, I notice the same. I hold my pipe by the bowl so I will notice when it is getting hot and I will just lay it down for a while so it cools down. No point in rushing things!

sunnysmokes

Lurker
Oct 10, 2023
Tropical United States
I'm trying to fight the urge/desire to smoke every day. I'm young and can't imagine a bowl a day for the next 50+ years would be the best thing for me. I want to try to keep it to Fri-Sun, but we'll see how that goes I suppose

hoipolloiglasgow

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2023
United States
I like taking a break for 1 to 2 days sometimes, maybe even 3. Makes my next pipe so much more enjoyable and the nicotine becomes more interesting as my tolerance goes down. Also, it gives your mouth time to heal some while helping your tongue bounce back for a fuller flavor experience. By doing this, I enjoy my pipes more and I don't feel like I am at any health risks.

Reactions: Sigmund