PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
I spent my Thanksgiving in Montreal, so there was no Thanksgiving for me! (They celebrate their Thanksgiving the first Monday of October! Go figure! LOL)

Anyway, I have a question or two for you who were so fortunate to have celebrated it in the States yesterday with friends and family.

Did you smoke in the house? If so, what was the reaction of your guests or hosts? Also, WHAT did you smoke? Certainly you didn't risk a Latakia blend? Maybe Hartwell's Evening Stroll or some such?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Reactions: Beowoulf

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
At my daughter's house for Thanksgiving so no smoking in the house. I had to smoke in her garage with the other smokers and decided on smoking some Scotty's Butternut Burley in a new Kaywoodie Berkshire Canadian. I sure got alot of compliments on the aroma. Some said they were going back in the house to get some dessert after they smelled the aroma.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I smoked outside in the cold. Smoked some bobs chocolate flake. Had some Grand Marnier with it to keep me warm.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
My wife is not against smoking my pipe, just not in the main section of the house. The sun room is fine (It is basically an enclosed side porch with a window fan that sucks the smoke out the window). I still don't smoke anything with much Latakia because it will still linger in the room. I enjoyed some Prince Albert, Holiday Mixture and a whatever is left mixture. I had a good cup of coffee to make for a complete Thanksgiving.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Most bands will probably play Christmas tunes around this time. What with all the Christmas parades and all. I hated playing Christmas tunes on my pipes. I think that was the reason why I quit the first band. 8 seasons of playing bagpipes up and down the streets of most near by cities around here, I finally said screw this. Only joined competition bands from there on, or I was in high level band within org to exempt out of parades.

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA
We usually have our Thanksgiving get-together at the barn on a lake on our land. But, this year it was going to rain, so we had it at the ranch shop.
After the meal, I loaded my 9s Peterson with Rhythm and Blues, and my son and my brother lit up some really nice cigars.