SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
Personally, kind of bored of how narrow the last couple of Batmans have been. (Even included that Joker movie).

A real shame it's so pinned into this gritty graphic novel corner; with Reeves, the Edward Nashton teaser that basically just looks like the Zodiac Killer, I'm guessing we're going even more horror-adjacent?

Wish they'd do something lighter, funnier along the Batman Beyond storylines.

Reactions: kurtbob and shanez

KevKasper13

Lurker
Jan 12, 2022
Bristol, Pa
Personally, kind of bored of how narrow the last couple of Batmans have been. (Even included that Joker movie).

A real shame it's so pinned into this gritty graphic novel corner; with Reeves, the Edward Nashton teaser that basically just looks like the Zodiac Killer, I'm guessing we're going even more horror-adjacent?

Wish they'd do something lighter, funnier along the Batman Beyond storylines.
I’m hoping for more suspense/noire than horror. Some really biting at the psyche. ie. something that has the riddlers name all over it.
As for something more like Batman Beyond; I’m just really hoping that’s why they are bringing Keaton back for the Flash movie.

KevKasper13

Lurker
Jan 12, 2022
Bristol, Pa
More Batman is a good thing. I thought Bale did a banging job. We’ll see how Twilight pulls it off? As far as Reeves helming this new project…we’ll see? I like the Planet of the Apes ? s so that bodes well. ☕
Before he was ever that guy in Twilight he was Cedric Diggory! And if that doesn’t count for anything than watch him in Tenet. Kids got chops and is looking good in the trailers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had a young acquaintance, a talented sax player who did gigs and worked days in a music shop, who announced on the release of one of the Batman films that he was wearing his Batman t-shirt and had worn his Batman pajamas the night before. I think comic book heroes are our Greek mythology.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I've got no issues with Robert Pattinson being Batman, I think he has got the potential ( great actor in my book, really dug him in Tenet ).
I just wished he had the physical mind set to look the part, put on some bulk and fill out but I remember an interview where he basically admitted to being averse to that side of the role.
And not so much the bullshit Hollywood ideal of a strong physique, I.e Chris Pratt, Chris Hemsworth etc.. but just get in and do the basic stuff ; squat, press, power cleans etc that can give the all round look of power.
It can be done quite well within 12 months if they gave a shit and didn't mind the work.
Probably why I don't care much for movies anymore, the comic books and animated movies etc are where it's at

Meh, Just my 2 cents

Reactions: JOHN72

KevKasper13

Lurker
Jan 12, 2022
Bristol, Pa
I've got no issues with Robert Pattinson being Batman, I think he has got the potential ( great actor in my book, really dug him in Tenet ).
I just wished he had the physical mind set to look the part, put on some bulk and fill out but I remember an interview where he basically admitted to being averse to that side of the role.
And not so much the bullshit Hollywood ideal of a strong physique, I.e Chris Pratt, Chris Hemsworth etc.. but just get in and do the basic stuff ; squat, press, power cleans etc that can give the all round look of power.
It can be done quite well within 12 months if they gave a shit and didn't mind the work.
Probably why I don't care much for movies anymore, the comic books and animated movies etc are where it's at

Meh, Just my 2 cents
That interview was actually a lark he put on. Matt Reeves didn’t want him super bulked up. This is only his second year as Batman. He hasn’t come up against anyone where he needs to be a powerhouse.

Reactions: Brendan
Mar 1, 2014

Meh, Just my 2 cents
It's a good question if Robert was actually objecting to working out or if he was just objecting to taking steroids, which is a totally respectable decision.
Problem is he can't openly talk about not taking steroids because it implies everyone else does, at which point he'd be outed for damaging the reputation of everyone in Hollywood.

It's possible he was entirely turned off the idea of working out because if everything you read says you gain virtually nothing by building natural muscle then why start in the first place?

Reactions: Brendan