PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
The first and probably the last.Bird eyes prefer for my taste an orange/walnut color, but as everybody that carve pipes first or last make one i decided to make mine

Maurizio
dsc2926g.jpg

dsc2927m.jpg

dsc2928.jpg

dsc2929a.jpg

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Woah, woah, woah, that is stunning!
Put a pretty blue & black swirl stem on her and I want to buy it, she is exquisite! She must be, because I've vowed & declared a strict end to pipe buying, but I'd break the rules to own her - she has my name written all over her!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
That's gorgeous brother. I love any deep jewel tone stain on wood and in my opinion there is not enough of it in the pipe world. I love the Peterson green and red stains and this deep almost lapis lazuli like blue stain has its hooks in me in much the same manner.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'm all about the color. That's one sharp looking pipe. Next up... a pipe with 5 different color dyes! right?
...right? :|

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
VERY NICE!!!!! Blue being my favorite color makes that pipe all the more awesome in my eyes.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Again beautiful work! I'm curious about hold the blue stain will hold to long term smoking. I've never stained any of the pipes I've made anything other than standard colors. Did you use an alcohol based stain? I refinished an old Lemans(Fr.) once and stained it Forest Green. After about 6-8 months of use it had turned basically brown with a few green highlights. Will that happen on a "fresh" piece of briar?

Status
Not open for further replies.