PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
View attachment 193807

@mtwaller, what a great guy. I posted in the WAYS cigar thread that I was enjoying a Diesel Wicked, and MT pops these in the mail to me, along with three cigars that I’ve never tried. All packed as if they were going to the moon. Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar!
Aw, shucks. I’m glad they got there safe! The 3 extras are just glorified packing peanuts. Sweet, delicious packing peanuts. That bubble mailer scared the hell out of me and I didn’t want to leave empty space for everything to rattle around and get damaged. Enjoy!!

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
In the first hour after renting my cigar locker at The Humidor of Westmont, a fellow I had never met asked me if I liked Liga Privadas. I told him the the No. 9 is right near the top of my list of favorite cigars. He went to his locker and handed me a Year of the Rat -- a $25-$35 cigar.

A few years ago, I was at a Scottish-themed restaurant and was trying to pick out a special dram. A fellow at the bar overheard my discussion and told the bartender to do one of his special pours, which was a 3-way split between him, me, and the bartender. My guess is that he ends up with an extra generous dram that way. That dram was priced at over $100. I'd never met the man before. It was absolutely remarkable whisky -- a 24-yr Highland Park from one of the negociants that selects a barrel and packages it themselves.

• Wow
Reactions: woodsroad

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Behold! The highly anticipated conclusion to the thrilling saga. Look what showed up in my mailbox from Dan today.

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

Two lovely English blends with some serious age on them. I’m humbled by Dan’s kindness and generosity. I plan to enjoy the hell out of some Gaslight tonight.

And best of all, he somehow managed to time travel into the future, snap a picture of me opening the package, and included it as a little extra surprise.

IMG_2497.jpeg

Dan is a hell of a guy (and possibly some sort of wizard).

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I thank someone on this forum for posting about that Old Antiquari. SP had it on closeout recently, and I bought ten tins. I’ve given away four and smoked half a tin myself. One good turn deserves another.

IMG_6104.jpeg

The good tern

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
View attachment 193807

@mtwaller, what a great guy. I posted in the WAYS cigar thread that I was enjoying a Diesel Wicked, and MT pops these in the mail to me, along with three cigars that I’ve never tried. All packed as if they were going to the moon. Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar!
Wow, you mean you actually have friends? Judging by some of the comments you've made today I'm amazed you do lol

• Love
Reactions: woodsroad